Audio By Carbonatix
Interior Minister Henry Quartey says it is untrue that the security and intelligence agencies were currently recruiting New Patriotic Party (NPP) members into the security services as alleged by the Minority in Parliament.
He said even though there were plans for recruitment, the target for the said recruitment were persons who had previously applied for jobs in the security and intelligence agencies but were not selected and are still desirous of being recruited.
For him, the security and intelligence agencies were yet to even come out with their eligibility criteria for the said recruitment, describing the Minority's allegations as an "incitement" of the public against the government.
The Interior Minister who was reacting to a press conference held by the Minority in Parliament on Monday [May 20, 2024], where the Minority levelled the allegation urged the Minority to desist from putting false information into the public domain.
Mr Quartey, who is also the Member of Parliament for the Ayawaso Central in Accra gave the explanation in a radio interview on Accra-based Citi FM, monitored by Graphic Online.

He rather urged the Minority to applaud the government for adopting an innovative strategy to get qualified Ghanaian nationals who had previously applied to the security agencies another chance to realise their goals.
He said it would have been inconsiderate on the part of the government to still advertise and sell recruitment forms to people, knowing that there was limited space.
The Minority, led by its leader, Dr Cassiel Ato Forson and a former Deputy Minister of Interior, James Agalga, had alleged that the government had given 20 slots to Members of Parliament from the NPP side to get people into the various security services and intelligence agencies.
Reacting to the said claims, Mr Quartey said, it was a "palpable lie" from the Minority and that a multiplication of the said slots by the number of MPs in Parliament far exceeded the clearance that the Ministry of Finance had given to the Ministry of Interior for the said recruitment.
"We are not recruiting party people to do party work," he said, adding that the Ministry would soon issue statement on the said recruitment.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana’s mining deaths fall sharply, but Chamber insists ‘three deaths are too many’
1 hour -
Tatale Sanguli officials destroy expired food products, warn traders
1 hour -
Police arrest two watchmen over alleged defilement of 14-year-old student
2 hours -
The woman behind General Mosquito: Could Ghana be meeting its next First Lady?
2 hours -
Court remands man over alleged Labone bank robbery attempt
2 hours -
Supreme Court to rule on injunction application on legal vacation today
2 hours -
Tamale Metropolitan Assembly distributes 10,000 bags of fertiliser to farmers
2 hours -
TUSAAG suspends strike, resumes work after renewed talks with government
2 hours -
PIAC marks 15 years of oil revenue accountability and transparency
2 hours -
Adongo calls for non-political interference in $1.46bn Heritage Fund review
2 hours -
FDA records GH¢70m surplus in 2025 amid concerns over ageing lab equipment
2 hours -
Arise Ghana demands stronger commitment to end galamsey
2 hours -
96% of Ghanaian pensioners willing to work beyond retirement age – Study
2 hours -
Ghana gets nuclear power plant simulator
2 hours -
Temporary Akosombo power control facility to be ready by September – Energy Ministry
2 hours