The National Petroleum Authority (NPA) has assured that the country has adequate stocks of diesel to meet demand for about three weeks.
This is despite current global supply challenges that has pushed price of the product to new highs.
The price of diesel has seen some significant increase on the international market over the past two weeks.
But this is due to the difficulty experienced by transporters in moving the commodity around, and not development on the international market.
However, fresh sanctions by the European Union targeted at Russia’s crude oil could be a major reason.
The development has raised concerns about the status of Ghana’s stocks (diesel), but Joy Business sources at the NPA says there’s adequate stocks enough to last about three weeks.
Government, on the other hand, has also taken steps to ensure that the situation does not get out of hand.
It has therefore reached agreement with transporters of the finished petroleum products to import them and store at their fuel depots.
This is to ensure availability of stocks rather than waiting for the bulk oil distribution companies to place their request for import, which may end up not arriving on time.
The arrangement, according to sources, may help insulate the country from the current happening on the international market.
Presently, the price of diesel is selling higher than petrol. It is going for a little over ¢11.20 per liter at the pumps.
- E-levy has failed to live up to government’s expectation – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
- You can only demonstrate from 8am to 4pm – High Court tells Arise Ghana
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Caught in conflict: GII calls for dismissal of Deputy Sanitation Minister
- Photos: Osinachi laid to rest
- ‘I am not against an IMF programme’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- ‘AG won’t get any apology from me, I’m ready to meet him in court’ – Ablakwa
- SIM card registration deadline will not be extended – Communications Minister
- Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
Don’t start a conversation about the e-levy failing; it’s unacceptable – Kwaku Kwarteng tells the media
Let go of ’empty pride’, seek support from IMF – Dr. Ato Forson to government
University of Energy and Natural Resources host chemistry festival
Nancy Sam appointed new Tourism Ambassador for Miami-Dade County
Ofori-Atta has not indicated need to seek economic support from IMF – Oppong Nkrumah
Playback: PM Express discuss the struggling E-levy
Arise Ghana appeals High Court ruling on protest
‘E-levy was bound to fail from the beginning’ – Dr Ato Forson
2022 MTN FA Cup Final: Augustine Okrah apologises over headbutting incident
I looked strong outside; but was hurting within – Lady who turned lawyer after 11-year struggle
Land guards attack Dome residents, homes destroyed
“Slow down” on National Cathedral building, tackle poverty – Asabee
Freiburg announce the signing of Daniel-Kofi Kyereh
AIMS Ghana holds Industry and Academia Forum 2022