The upcoming Ghana Premier League will witness 10 foreign players, including a Brazilian.
These players have been brought into the league by just six clubs – Hearts of Oak, Asante Kotoko, Bechem United, Inter Allies, AshantiGold and Karela United.
Of the 10 players, only one is not an African. Midfielder Fabio Gama, who is a South American from Brazil.
The others are from neighbouring countries such as Nigeria, Mali, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Liberia and Niger.
Hearts of Oak and Bechem have the highest number with three each.
But it is Kotoko’s foreign player that has so far dominated discussions, simply because he hails from a revered football country, Brazil.
The new season will kick off on November 14.
See full list below:
1. Fabio Gama (Midfielder) – Brazil – Asante Kotoko
2. Ali Isah (Center back) – Nigeria – Inter Allies
3. Alhassan Traore (Midfielder) – Mali – Bechem United.
4. Boubacar Sadiki Doumbia (Center back) – Mali – Bechem United
5. Moussa Traore (Winger) – Mali – Bechem United
6. Mohamed Bailou (Goalkeeper) – Burkina Faso – AshantiGold
7. Abdul Mamane Lawali (Hearts Of Oak) – Niger – Hearts Of Oak
8. Danjuma Kuti (Striker) – Nigeria – Hearts of Oak
9. Eric Dizan (Winger) – Ivory Coast – Hearts Of Oak
10. Varney Boakai Sandi (Midfielder) – Liberia – Karela United
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Ordering loophole allowed students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
- Ernest Ako (Former IGP)
- Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
- Parliament will carry out its own investigation into alleged assault on Citi FM journalists – James Agalga
- ADB denies shifting from core business to real estate
- Mother of 8-year-old boy without feet calls for support
- Social media reacts to Affail Monney’s apology on Citi FM journalist’s breach of ethics comment
- I’m surprised DSP Azugu is still at post after Ayawaso West Wuogon violence – James Agalga
Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
Rotary Club builds classroom block for Yahima SDA
Government must involve local communities in anti-galamsey campaign – Galamsey Researcher
We’ll fully cooperate with Energy Minister to facilitate lifting of new LPG outlets ban – LPG Marketers Association
Covid-19 has affected blood mobilisation – Dr Srofenyo
We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
Ban on drumming and noisemaking imposed in Korle-Klottey as preparations towards Homowo begin
US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
Photos from the 2021 national Eid-ul-Fitr ceremony
2021 Budget pivotal towards fiscal consolidation – IMF commends government
National Security Ministry’s investigation into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah should be aborted – OneGhana Movement
Ghana Gas management pays courtesy call on Asantehene to update him on Nyinahin-Kumasi pipeline
Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
German priests defy Vatican ban and bless same-sex unions