The upcoming Ghana Premier League will witness 10 foreign players, including a Brazilian.
These players have been brought into the league by just six clubs – Hearts of Oak, Asante Kotoko, Bechem United, Inter Allies, AshantiGold and Karela United.
Of the 10 players, only one is not an African. Midfielder Fabio Gama, who is a South American from Brazil.
The others are from neighbouring countries such as Nigeria, Mali, Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, Liberia and Niger.
Hearts of Oak and Bechem have the highest number with three each.
But it is Kotoko’s foreign player that has so far dominated discussions, simply because he hails from a revered football country, Brazil.
The new season will kick off on November 14.
See full list below:
1. Fabio Gama (Midfielder) – Brazil – Asante Kotoko
2. Ali Isah (Center back) – Nigeria – Inter Allies
3. Alhassan Traore (Midfielder) – Mali – Bechem United.
4. Boubacar Sadiki Doumbia (Center back) – Mali – Bechem United
5. Moussa Traore (Winger) – Mali – Bechem United
6. Mohamed Bailou (Goalkeeper) – Burkina Faso – AshantiGold
7. Abdul Mamane Lawali (Hearts Of Oak) – Niger – Hearts Of Oak
8. Danjuma Kuti (Striker) – Nigeria – Hearts of Oak
9. Eric Dizan (Winger) – Ivory Coast – Hearts Of Oak
10. Varney Boakai Sandi (Midfielder) – Liberia – Karela United