Thirteen people have been confirmed dead after a ghastly accident on the Bibiani to Anhwiaso road in the Bibiani Anhwiaso Bekwai municipality of the Western North Region.
The incident happened on Monday along the Anhwiaso stretch of the road when a Sprinter bus tried to overtake another vehicle.
The Sprinter bus with registration number AS 1813-19 collided with a Metro Mass bus with registration number mass AS 7123 Y leading to the death of the 13 passengers, with 20 others battling for their lives at a local hospital after they sustained severe injuries.
The Bibiani MTTD Commander, ASP Emmanuel Osei confirmed the incident to Adom News.
Giving a situational report for the unfortunate happening, he said: “This morning around 10.30am we had the information that one Sprinter bus from Sefwi – Wiawso to Kumasi and then one Metro Mass bus from Kumasi to Sefwi – Wiawso, were involved in accident when they got to a section of the road around Anhwiaso, the Sprinter bus with registration number AS 1813-19 and a Metro Mass AS 7123-Y.
“According to the source, the Sprinter bus was overtaking a vehicle, so in the process, he had a head-on collision with the Metro Mass bus and the information gathered indicated that 13 people have lost their lives.
These people are made up of eight males and five females but as we speak now, 20 passengers have sustained serious injuries.”
A driver, Kingsley Osei, also told Adom News how the accident occurred.
“I was just driving and I met the case. According to the eyewitness, they say the Sprinter driver was overtaking. Where he was overtaking, there was a curve so he met the Metro Mass Transit bus, that caused the accident.
“The moment I reached there they say the passengers on board with the Sprinter, all of them died but later the information was wrong,” he said.
According to him, four of the dead bodies have been conveyed to a private mortuary at Anhwiaso and the remaining eight were sent to Bibiani government hospital.
- Parts of Accra flooded during Saturday’s rains
- I was once a victim of ‘juju’ attack – Yvonne Nelson
- 7 fascinating facts about female masturbation that everyone should know
- Twitter users debate content of Black Sherif’s ‘Kwaku The Traveller’ video
- ‘God never said anywhere in the Bible our wives should take our surnames’ – Clergyman
- One-year-old boy dies after being raped by 2 Russian soldiers, Ukraine says
- I have evidence that police fired live bullets – Nkoranza South MP on police-youth clash:
- ‘I’m divorcing my wife because she’s late for everything’ – Man seeks advice on his marital issues
- Achimota Forest would have been an Ecotourism Park if NDC was in power – Jinapor
- ‘I will urge Cheddar to bring more tigers; it’s a good idea to boost our tourism’ – A-Plus
Livestream: The Law discusses implications of invalid by-laws
Kwabena Afrifa Jnr: Colorblind
Tolon SHS temporarily closed down after fire outbreak at dormitory
Desist from capitalising on Nkoranza crisis for your own interests – Police warns
Exercise caution in your work to prevent loss of lives – IET urges engineers
‘Companies wanted to pay me less because I am an Ewe-speaking artist’ – Edem
Aggrieved NPP supporters in Aowin set party office on fire over constituency elections
29 cleared to contest NPP Volta Regional Executives elections
I have the grace of God but worked hard to achieve all I have – Scott Evans
‘I will urge Cheddar to bring more tigers; it’s a good idea to boost our tourism’ – A-Plus
Parts of Accra flooded during Saturday’s rains
Achimota Forest would have been an Ecotourism Park if NDC was in power – Jinapor
‘God never said anywhere in the Bible our wives should take our surnames’ – Clergyman
History will keep repeating itself until you change it
‘I’m divorcing my wife because she’s late for everything’ – Man seeks advice on his marital issues