A former student of the Three Town Senior High School, Denu, has been sentenced to 4 years imprisonment by the Aflao Circuit Court for causing harm to his ICT tutor.
His Honour Joseph Ofosu on Tuesday, November 30, 2021, convicted and sentenced the accused to 4years in hard labour.
Gilbert Akakpo, 19, was reported to have stabbed John Kwashi Akey, on his left upper arm on Wednesday, August 11, 2021.
The victim’s offense was trying to prevent the convict, who was then a final year student, from bullying his junior, a first year student.
“The prosecution added that victim John Akey, an ICT tutor sustained a deep cut on the arm and was sent to Ketu South Municipal Hospital for treatment”, part of a press release issued by the Head of the Volta Regional Police Public Affairs Unit, DSP Elizabeth Efia Tenge read.
Gilbert was, thereafter, handed over to the police by his father following his prosecutioon on Thursday, August 12, 2021.
“The presiding judge, His Honour Joseph Ofos in his ruling stated that the court was lenient on the convict as a first-time offender, however, the punishment was necessary to serve as a deterrent to other students who have no respect for authorities in schools.”
The convict awaits the result of his Covid-19 test and would be conveyed to the Ho Central Prison to serve his sentence, if he tests negative.
- Why Dede Ayew is trending on Twitter
- Majority describes Bagbin’s frequent absence as worrying
- E-levy is less than 2%; UK pays 10% and we go there and seek loans from them – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful
- Asamoah Gyan reported me to Kufuor and I’ve never been happy with him to date – K. T. Hammond
- I held outdoor crusades for 5k people at age 5 in Nigeria – Sam George
- Last time I changed my sponge was 12 years ago – Man tells JoyNews
- I spent 50% of my 8-year savings in 2 years – Family man recounts how he survived Covid-19
- I withdrew my SSNIT funds to start a business but Covid-19 didn’t let me – Man recounts
- Market queens in Kumasi opt to pay nomination fee for Alan Kyerematen
- If ‘Talk Tax’ worked, E-Levy won’t fail – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful
Burkina Faso coup: New leader Damiba gives first speech
DPO Group partners with Mastercard to help businesses accept digital payments
Elon Musk offered a 19-year-old $5k to take down a Twitter account that tracks his private jet
Nicki Minaj and Kenneth Petty hit with lawsuit for alleged fight with Head of Security
Electrochem Ghana Limited and Ada West District Assembly commit to strengthening ties
Trader burnt to death in Sunyani
There’ll be an economic disaster if E-levy fails to go through – Ken Ofori-Atta
Okwawu United announce new management members
Ayawaso Central Assembly steps up ‘Operation Clean Your Frontage’ sensitisation campaign
Apeatse explosion: Negligence, regulation lapses and institutional failures caused incident – Expert
Mary J. Blige says she had to pay herself ‘the highest compliments’ in order to get her confidence back
Chris Brown sued for $20m Over alleged rape
Playback: MacDan speaks about the private jet terminal at KIA
Rihanna went pantless on a date with A$AP Rocky
GPL Week 15 Preview: Hearts play King Faisal, Olympics face Kotoko