Three women who allegedly acted together to steal a five-year-old girl at Kwadaso in Kumasi, have been remanded into police custody by the Nkawie Circuit Court.
The pleas of Yaa Kyerewaa 23, Adjoa Gloria 28, both traders and Akosua Agyeiwaa 29, hairdresser, were not taken and they would make their next appearance in the Court on August 20, this year.
Prosecuting, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sylvanus D’almeida told the Court presided over by Mr Michael Johnson Abbey that on July 26 this year, the complainant, Christiana Amponsah, reported the theft of her daughter to the Suame police.
He said in the course of investigations, the police arrested Kyerewaa at Abrepo junction in Kumasi and she mentioned Gloria and one Mummy, who is on the run as her accomplices.
The prosecution said Gloria also mentioned Agyeiwaa as another accomplice and she was also arrested.
ASP D’almeida said the suspects admitted the offence in their cautioned statement and were charged before the court.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 15 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership
- Stop abusing prednisolone for weight gain – Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana warns nursing mothers
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- “I hope to play more matches and make the Black Stars successful” – Inaki Williams
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Adwoa Boatemaa Adu-Poku wins CEEK Miss Ghana UK 2022