The 2022/23 betPawa Premier League continues over the weekend as Hearts of Oak’s clash with Great Olympics headlines match day two.
The Mantse derby is the most talked-about game ahead of this weekend’s fixtures as the rivalry between the two teams in the capital is second to none.
Hearts, after losing to Aduana Football Club in their opening fixture will look to get their season underway on Sunday and the fixture against Olympics, while may seem too early is a perfect opportunity for the Phobians to bounce back.
The Wonder Club earned an opening day victory after beating Bechem United at the Accra Sports Stadium last weekend.
Hearts have won just one of the last five games against Olympics, with the latter boasting three wins during that period (one draw).
The game is scheduled for Sunday, September 18, with kickoff set at 15:00 GMT.
Other fixtures of match day 2 include:
Nsoatreman vs GoldStars
Accra Lions vs Karela United
Dreams FC vs Kotoku Royals
Medeama vs Real Tamale United (RTU)
Tamale City vs Legon Cities
King Faisal vs Aduana
Samartex 1996 vs Berekum Chelsea
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- We can’t confirm how much Frontiers made from Covid-19 testing at airport – GACL
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Smugglers Paradise: GRA to investigate how custom officials aided in oil smuggling
- Political will among UN member states crucial in sustaining rights of minority groups – Godfred Dame
- Russia detains Japanese consul on spying charge; Tokyo hints at retaliation
- iPhone in India: Apple makes new handset in India in shift from China
- National Fitness Day moves to Kumasi for second edition
- Shinzo Abe: A divided Japan bids farewell to its slain ex-PM
- Pressure mounts on government to scrap SIM re-registration deadline
- “We’ve had some discussions about set pieces”- Otto Addo
- Uganda Ebola cases rise amid 23 deaths – WHO
- Total pension funds increased by 18% to ¢39.6bn in 2021
- King Charles: New royal cypher revealed
- Farmerline announces 2nd phase of ‘Pre-Series A second’ programme with additional $1.5m funding
- US government to provide $138m to support human capital development in Ghana
- Absa Bank projects ¢12 to a dollar end-year rate
- Luv News uncovers degradation of Tano Nimri Forest Reserve
- Olympic medalist Prince Amartey passes on