After winning just one of their last five games in the betPawa Ghana Premier League, Asante Kotoko bounced back to victory on matchday 27 at the Baba Yara Stadium.
The Porcupine Warriors put up one of their best efforts in recent games to defeat league leaders Aduana Football Club.
The Dormaa-based side took the lead through Isaac Mintah in the 26th minute but goals from Steven Mukwala and Serge Eric Zeze saw Abdulai Gazale’s pick up all three points in front of their home fans to move up the league table.
On Friday, Seidu Bassit put on a monstrous performance for Accra Lions, scoring four goals in the 4-2 win over Medeama Sporting Club at the Accra Sports Stadium.
Bechem United piped Hearts of Oak to record a 1-0 win at home with Hafiz Konkoni scoring from the penalty spot while Kotoku Royals and Real Tamale United (RTU) was the only game not to record a goal.
Dreams FC were 2-0 winners over Samartex at the Theatre of Dreams as Great Olympics were also held by Tamale City at the WAFA Park in Sogakope.
Legon Cities moved out of the relegation zone with a convincing 2-0 win over Karela United away from home on Sunday afternoon.
The game between Bibiani GoldStars and Berekum Chelsea ended 0-1 in favour of the Blues with Nsoatreman also claiming a 1-0 win over King Faisal at home.
Aduana maintain the top spot in the league despite losing Kotoko with three points above Bechem United and Medeama who are second and third respectively with 44 points.
Kotoko and Hearts are also locked on 42 points with seven more games to be played in the league.
- Government urged to partner private sector to drive ESG in organisations
- Musical chairs in banking sector as Abena Osei-Poku heads to Ecobank Ghana with UMB boss set to resign
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again
- We truly voted for a dictator – Efia Odo on #OccupyJulorBiHouse arrests
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Celebrities should stop being cowards and show up – Efia Odo
- Why Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge chose the Berlin Marathon to prepare for the Paris Olympics
- Vodafone Director calls on SMEs to seize opportunities at upcoming Business Runway event
- FIFA and United Nations Industrial Development Organization meet to discuss collaboration opportunities
- Fuse ODG gets romantic in new single; releases ‘3eak a.m (Waistline)’
- Kotoko is building, so fans should be patient and support – Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu
- ‘Cannabis muffins’ given to 90 schoolchildren in South Africa
- Limited Voter Registration: EC assures all eligible voters will be registered