The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has announced the postponement of the 2022/23 Ghana Premier League week 21 clash between Asante Kotoko and King Faisal.
The game, which was scheduled to be played at Baba Yara Sports Stadium on March 12, will now take place on Wednesday, March 29.
This is because of the closure of Baba Yara Sports Stadium for renovations works ahead of Ghana’s 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Angola on March 23.
The GFA said in a statement the “Ghana Premier League matchday 21 fixture between champions Asante Kotoko and King Faisal is postponed.”
“This is due to the unavailability of Baba Yara Sports stadium for the advertised date for the match.”
The Ghana Premier League enters week 20 this weekend with Hearts of Oak hosting the Porcupine Warriors at Accra Sports Stadium on Sunday in the Super Clash.
The game will also serve as the 2023 President’s Cup, with Guinea-Bissau President Umaro Sissoco Embaló set to grace the game on March 5.
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- Agotime Ziope DCE attacks NPP’s Dzifa Kaledzi; leaves her with an eye injury
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- Ahafo Police begin investigation into mysterious death of NPP polling station chairman
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Ghana Association of Writers pays tribute to Ama Ata Aidoo
- Ghanaian student shines at George C. Marshall High School Awards in the USA
- There are no record labels in Ghana – Empress Gifty
- Full judgement: Supreme Court’s ruling on Gyakye Quayson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Davido reveals how he met his wife, Chioma
- Apple expected to launch mixed-reality headset at WWDC
- Gaddafi’s son goes on hunger strike in Lebanon – lawyer
- Ghetto Kids lose out in Britain’s Got Talent final
- NDC must set new standards in governance when voted into power – Mahama
- Energy sector debt: Some contracts expensive, could have been avoided – Former VRA CEO
- School feeding programme: Caterers reject proposed increment to ¢1.20 per child
- Burna Boy makes history in London with soldout stadium show