Audio By Carbonatix
The Member of Parliament for Tamale North and Deputy Minister for Roads and Highways, Alhassan Suhuyini, has described the 2025 Budget Statement as a direct response to the concerns of Ghanaians.
Speaking on JoyNews’ Newsfile programme on Saturday, 15th March 2025, Suhuyini commended the Finance Minister, Dr Cassiel Ato Forson, for presenting a budget that addresses key economic challenges.
His remarks followed the presentation of the 2025 Budget Statement by Dr Forson on Tuesday, 11th March. Suhuyini emphasised that the budget restores public confidence in political leadership by demonstrating a commitment to fulfilling promises made to Ghanaians.
“That is why I have been saying that this budget offered me hope because it pushed away the perception that politicians will say anything for power and, when they win, will renegotiate on their promises,” he stated.
He particularly praised the government’s decision to abolish certain taxes, which he believes had been a burden on ordinary Ghanaians.
“This budget is responsive to the cry of Ghanaians, considering the number of taxes such as the e-levy, the betting tax, and others that have been abolished,” Suhuyini remarked.
According to him, these tax cuts would ease financial pressure on businesses and individuals while stimulating economic activity.
The Deputy Roads and Highways Minister further noted that the budget presents a clear strategy for economic recovery and growth.
He highlighted the government’s efforts to prioritise infrastructure development, job creation, and social interventions, stating that such measures would improve the standard of living for many citizens.
“This is a budget that signals hope and change. It ensures that the government delivers on its mandate to the people,” he added.
In conclusion, Suhuyini expressed optimism that the policies outlined in the budget would create a stronger and more resilient economy.
He urged all stakeholders, including opposition parties, to support its implementation for the collective good of Ghanaians.
“If we truly want progress, we must all contribute to ensuring the success of this budget,” he concluded.
Latest Stories
-
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
7 minutes -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
7 minutes -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
23 minutes -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
28 minutes -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
35 minutes -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
1 hour -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
2 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
2 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
2 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
4 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
4 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
4 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
5 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
5 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
5 hours