About 20 passengers are in critical condition, while 26 other persons are injured and receiving treatment at the Winneba Trauma and Specialist Hospital.
The casualties are from two separate accidents on the Kasoa-Cape Coast Highway.
The first accident happened at Gomoa Mpota while the second happened at Gomoa Mankessim in the Central Region.
Police say the three vehicles involved in the first accident were a Sprinter Benz bus, a KIA Rhino and a DAF Trailer.
In an interview with Adom News, Winneba Municipal Fire Service Commander, DOIII Kwesi Hughes revealed that the Kia Rhino tried to overtake the Sprinter bus but smashed into its side.
It eventually collided with the DAF Trailer coming heading towards Cape Coast from Accra.
D0III Hughes said 8 of the passengers who had been trapped in the bus were taken to the hospital.
In the second accident, eyewitnesses revealed that a Sprinter Benz Bus with the registration number GN-2572-10 from Cape Coast to Accra burst its tyre and somersaulted in the process.
The impact of the crash left many in critical condition.
The Fire Service Commander, DOIII Kwesi Hughes explained that this was caused by overloading the vehicle with passengers.
He said the driver was having 36 passengers instead 23 passengers including foodstuff.
All 46 passengers are receiving treatment at Winneba Trauma and Specialist Hospital.
- Is IMANI now dictating to us how to run a country? – Gabby Otchere-Darko fumes
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
IMF bailout: Finance Minister must take a step back – Political analyst
Ghanaians mob IMF on Facebook to campaign against Akufo-Addo’s bailout request
AGI CEO worried over scarcity of market-ready graduates
Playback: The Law discussed justice delivery speediness
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II