Audio By Carbonatix
Liverpool have signed midfielder Ryan Gravenberch from Bayern Munich in a deal worth about £34.3m (40m euros).
The 21-year-old Netherlands international has joined the Reds on a five-year contract.
Gravenberch has left Bayern having only signed for the club from Ajax last year for an initial £15.8m (18.5m euros).
"I'm very happy that the deal is done and I'm finally here. It's one of the biggest clubs in the world," Gravenberch told Liverpool's website.
"Now we start fresh again, a new start, and I'm going to give my all for this club. [My ambitions are] to win prizes. To win prizes, play a lot and show them who we are and who I am."
Gravenberch, who has taken the number 38 shirt, is a player Liverpool have tracked for several seasons and the Reds see him as someone who can play in a number of different roles and systems in midfield.
He joins fellow midfielders Alexis Mac Allister, Dominik Szoboszlai and Wataru Endo in being signed by Liverpool this summer.
The Anfield side have refreshed their midfield with the departures of James Milner, Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain on free transfers being followed by Jordan Henderson and Fabinho leaving the club to go to Saudi Arabian sides.
Gravenberch came through the Ajax academy and made his debut for the club in September 2018 against PSV Eindhoven.
In all, the box-to-box midfielder played 103 matches for the Dutch club, scoring 12 goals, before joining Bayern.
Last season, he started just three games in his 24 Bundesliga outings for Bayern, and made his one appearance this season as a late substitute in a 3-1 win against Augsburg on Sunday.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
32 minutes -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
42 minutes -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
53 minutes -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
1 hour -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
1 hour -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
1 hour -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
2 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
2 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
2 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
2 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
2 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
2 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
3 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
3 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
3 hours
