Audio By Carbonatix
The Electoral Commission (EC) has announced that the collation of both presidential and parliamentary election results is currently underway at all 276 constituency collation centres following Saturday's polls.
Briefing the media on Saturday night, December 7, the EC's Deputy Commissioner in charge of Operations, Samuel Tettey stated that approximately 60 per cent of polling station results have been received at constituency collation centres nationwide.
“Reports from the regions indicate that about 60% of the polling station results have been received at the constituency coalition centres," he said.
Mr Tettey stated that the Commission has also received reports of the number of second requests for recounts at polling stations.
“So far, we have only one polling station which is the Suaman Constituency in the Western North region, which has recorded a second recount for votes at the constituency coalition centre for the final recount by the returning officer."
He noted that collation centres are restricted areas accessible only to accredited individuals, indicating that each presidential candidate is permitted two agents per collation centre.
The EC Deputy Commissioner in charge of Operations urged political parties to avoid overcrowding at these locations to ensure an orderly process.
He commended the professionalism and efficiency of its returning and collation officers, describing their performance as “impressive.”
Mr Tettey further encouraged them to continue discharging their duties with the highest standards of credibility and transparency.
Regarding security, he highlighted the stable and effective presence of law enforcement at collation centres, noting that while some centres experienced overcrowding, the police successfully managed these situations to maintain order.
Latest Stories
-
Divers recover bodies of seven Chinese tourists from bottom of Lake Baikal
52 minutes -
From windstorm to resilience: How Wa school is growing climate protection
1 hour -
Reclaiming the Garden City: Dr. Kwame Adinkrah urges Kumasi to rein in billboard proliferation
2 hours -
Bursar of Ghanata SHS arrested for alleged diversion of student food supplies
2 hours -
Trump says he will increase global tariffs to 15%
2 hours -
Bogoso-Prestea mine records first gold pour after 24-month shutdown
2 hours -
Ghana–ECOWAS talks end with renewed push for women and youth political inclusion
3 hours -
Interior Minister receives Hudai Foundation food donation for prison inmates during Ramadan
3 hours -
UBIDS to benefit from pre-fabricated US$6.6m 1k capacity classroom project
3 hours -
Interior Minister launches Automated Fire Safety Compliance System to enhance public safety
3 hours -
Africa must lead climate intervention conversation – Experts
3 hours -
Ghana hosts high-level ECOWAS meeting to boost women and youth political participation
4 hours -
Canada looks to trade talks after US Supreme Court tosses Trump’s tariffs
5 hours -
Ghana, Burkina Faso sign 7 cooperation agreements to deepen bilateral ties
5 hours -
Duraplast supports Accra sanitation drive with donation of 20 waste bins
5 hours
