Ghana head coach, Otto Addo, says the Black Stars will be going in for a win against Uruguay eventhough a draw could be enough to them through to the next stage of the FIFA World Cup.
The Black Stars and Urugauy go head to head on Friday, December 2, with a place in the round of 16 of the competition up for grabs.
A win over South Korea on Monday means Ghana currently occupies the second soot in Group H with three points, two above both South Korea and Uruguay.
Addo’s side will advance to the next stage if Ghana draws and South Korea fail to beat Portugal by a two-goal margin, while a win sees the Black Stars also go through regardless the result from the other game.
However, Addo is keen on victory for the Black Stars rather than playing for a draw.
“The good thing is that, at the end if it’s a draw it is also good for us but we want to win this game,” he told the GFA Media.
“I’m not thinking too much about revenge because for me it’s just a normal game. Surely I was really sad when I watched the scene in 2010.
“It was a big chance for Ghana to proceed to the next stage but it happened 12 years ago.”
The Black Stars final group game is scheduled for Friday, December 2, at the Al Janoub Stadium with kickoff at 3PM.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- College head found dead with husband and daughter
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Economist advises individual bondholders not to invest in DDEP
- My dad, Culture, never died on stage in Germany – Kenyatta Hill
- 3 persons remanded over alleged kidnapping
- 28 of 47 students of Ejuraman Anglican SHS discharged from Hospital
- I’m your biggest fan – DJ Khaled tells Tems
- Akufo-Addo nominates Abetifi MP for Agric Ministry
- Bole: Family of murdered herdsman demand justice, appeals to CJ
- Death in a military operation is not unexpected – Security Analyst on Bawku killings
- Tems speaks on Grammy win, working with Future, Drake, others
- Bank manager arrested for ‘hoarding’ new Nigerian notes
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Kenyan school shaves off female students’ long hair
- Assayer in court over $18m gold scam
- #6thSenseonJoyPrime: Economic situation cause of Ghana’s moral bankruptcy – Angela Bamford