Absa Bank Ghana has congratulated its Brand Ambassador and award-winning musician Kwame Amet Tsikata known in showbiz as M.anifest for being named one of the nine recipients of the Macalester College 2020 Alumni Awards in the United States of America (USA).
Nominated by peers selected by the College’s Alumni Board, M.anifest was announced winner of the Distinguished Citizen Award at the Grand Celebration: Reunion Kick-Off event held earlier this month.
According to the Macalester College Alumni Board, the award recognizes M.anifest’s leadership in civic, social, religious, and professional activities. “It is given because the Macalester community believes that a college education should be the training and inspiration for unselfish and effective service to the community, the nation, and the world.”
In a congratulatory message, Nana Essilfuah Boison, Marketing and Corporate Relations Director at Absa Bank Ghana commended M.anifest for positively impacting society through his music and arts.
“We congratulate our Brand Ambassador for winning such a distinguished award from his alma mater, for promoting social good and advancing the arts. As a forward-looking bank deeply rooted in Africa with global connectivity and a passion for excellence, we are excited to be associated with M.anifest, who exhibits and exudes similar characteristics and passion,” said Nana Essilfuah Boison.
M.anifest was named Brand Ambassador in February this year after the bank rebranded to become Absa Bank Ghana. He is known for his musical boundary-crossing, multilingual wordplay, and a refreshing hybrid songwriting approach that acknowledges both his Ghanaian upbringing and his sojourns in the West.
The rapper’s accomplishments extend beyond music. He works to improve the lives of adolescent girls, tackling issues like anemia, child marriage, and gender-based violence.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- JoyNews investigates how Customs officers aided ¢300m loot through borders in ‘Smugglers Paradise’
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- Absa Bank projects ¢12 to a dollar end-year rate
- Olympic medalist Prince Amartey passes on
- KiDi, Kuami Eugene wrap up Europe tour with 3 shows in one night
- ‘I’m not worried’ – Otto Addo on Black Stars form
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- KiDi releases ‘4Play’ EP with voice notes to fans
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Weweso JHS students save up ‘chop money’ to buy sanitary pads
- Global Citizen Festival: Usher, DWP Academy, others wow crowd
- Kenyan accused of ICC witness bribery found dead
- I want to come back to broadcasting – Kojo Yankah
- Mali players fight each other at Basketball World Cup
- Financial inclusion, enterprise development empowering SMEs for sustainable growth
- Government currently has zero equity interest in AngloGold Ashanti – Sam Jonah