From today, new and existing customers of Absa Bank do not need to go to the branch to open an account.
With a click of a button on its website, customers can now open an account without any physical intervention, anywhere, anytime and on any device.
Customer needs are changing globally, fueled by fast-paced digital services and products. Progressive banks are racing ahead to find innovative and creative ways to meet these needs in a very competitive banking landscape.
In Ghana, the pandemic paved the way for dynamic ways of engaging customers. Suddenly going to the branch became a challenge for some customers; who preferred to stay in the comfort of their homes and conduct transactions.
The new service simplifies the account opening process and provides huge relief and convenience for, especially new customers of the bank.
The platform will also enable SME customers to submit applications online for processing in a seamless manner.
Absa’s Director of Retail Banking, Charles Addo said, “We are always listening and innovating to meet the needs of our new and existing customers. The pandemic taught banks a lot of things.
“The age of “branchless” banking is here and our digital account opening platform highlights the extent we are willing to go to make their lives better and more comfortable. A new way of banking is here, and we are excited to be an enabler.”
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- 2023 AFCONQ: Inaki Williams withdraws from Black Stars squad to face Madagascar
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Read Supreme Court’s full judgement in Gyakye Quayson case
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- Kwabena Donkor hits back at World Bank Country Director over his claims on PPAs signed under NDC
- Supreme Court’s reasoning for kicking Gyakye Quayson out of Parliament strange – Sammy Gyamfi
- Banks in Ghana too profitable; impose ‘Bank Tax’ on their investments – British Financial Economist
- Ghana patients in danger as nurses head for NHS in UK – medics
- NPP has no locus when it comes to winning Assin-North by-election – Mustapha Gbande
- Assin-North by-election: Charles Opoku has no allegiance to Assin-North constituency – Mustapha Gbande
- Gbi Godenu, other communities in Hohoe to soon become defecation free with new public toilet facilities
- Ada Traditional Council seeks state security for Songor Salt Project
- Help care for the aged in the society – Noble Age Foundation
- From Eric’s Diary: Ei! So, NPP can break the 8?
- Gov’t remains committed to protecting Anglogold Ashanti Mines – Lands Minister
- Dutch & Co’s logo evolution reflects an exciting future for the company
- Military officers from 6 Infantry Battalion end 4-week course on violent extremism in Tamale
- Our decision on Justice Torkonoo will be known after we peruse full judgement on Gyakye Quayson – Agbodza
- No basic school has new curriculum textbooks – Clement Apaak
- NDC punches holes into Supreme Court’s full judgement on Gyakye Quayson
- Bonn Climate Change Conference: AGN pushes adaptation measures for women and youth
- Toptech Ghana to provide ISO certified defensive driving course for corporate and VIP drivers