Parts of Accra have been submerged for the second time in four days.
The latest incident happened when the rain started at midnight of Tuesday, May 24.
Some areas in the capital affected include; Kaneshie, Adabraka, Weija, Teshie, Kwame Nkrumah Circle, Dansoman, Tse Addo and Tesano among others.
The torrential rain which lasted over 7 hours has caused many residents to abandon their homes and seek shelter elsewhere.
Waking up in Accra today… how’s your morning going? pic.twitter.com/KAmjKnkEXf— Cooper Inveen (@cinveen) May 24, 2022
The previous incident on Saturday night resulted in a similar situation where many were left counting their losses after the downpour.
Today, social media is back within the cycle as the platforms are awash with images of flooded areas, homes and cries for help.
Please people going to Gomoa, CapeCoast, mankessim, Takoradi and Nzema should hold on, the road is blocked because of the rain— Kwesi Picasso.eth 🐺 (@Donsarkcess) May 24, 2022
People going to Amasaman, nsawam should hold on. Those from nsawam coming to Accra should also hold on
Circle too is flooded #AccraFloods
Below are some reactions on social media.
Seeing Accra flooded indeed breaks my heart— Obedient Ankrah (@ObedientAnkrah) May 24, 2022
Those coming to towards kaneshie to Accra and circle….unless u find another rout 🌨🌨🌨⛈ pic.twitter.com/DE0JWHAtsi— Wellington🔞 (@kash_phama07) May 24, 2022
Accra rain wahala….. pic.twitter.com/rK2r3GnCRc— Quku (@broQuku) May 24, 2022
When the rains come, Accra floods. Every year! But still no solution to it.— Oluwakayode (@j_loms) May 24, 2022
- Player Ratings: Black Stars suffer 3-0 defeat to Brazil
- Police fire tear gas to disperse protesting final year UEW students
- Obaapa Christy has hidden our last child from me since he was 2 – Ex-husband
- Otto Addo names Black Stars line-up for Brazil friendly
- Brazil’s first half brilliance ensures 3-0 victory over Black Stars
- Otto Addo admits Brazil selection gaffe, pledges to do better
- Aliko Dangote reemerges as world’s 74th richest billionaire
- US Embassy to clear student visa applications backlog
- Usher and SZA tour Accra ahead of Global Citizen Festival
- Playback: Newsfile discuss Ghana‐IMF engagement
- Brazil 3-0 Ghana: Ten things we learned
- GITFiC launches book on AfCFTA
- We’re poised to minimise debt restructuring’s impact on financial systems – Finance Ministry
- Black Sherif releases date of his debut album titled ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Voter registration: EC’s recalcitrance poses the biggest threat to Ghana’s democracy – Sam George
- Hasaacas Ladies announce marquee signing Firdous Yakubu from Ashtown Ladies
- EPCG Divine Grace Parish donate to shore up KATH blood bank
- Close down schools in Bawku over insecurity – Heads of basic schools urge GES
- Brazil exposed set piece weaknesses that Ghana has to address before the World Cup
- Joel Bortey: Tough loss against Brazil but there is time to work on mistakes
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor: Law school exam leak – GLC’s IEC must be dissolved
- Ghana card has become a tool to infringe on peoples rights – Bright Simons
- Thomas Partey’s late exclusion from Brazil clash was precautionary
- Slamm Foundation launches Nimde3 App that teaches IT skills in local languages
- Brazil 0-3 Ghana: How Brazil floored Black Stars in first half horror show