Former Black Stars captain, Asamoah Gyan, has revealed that his relationship with Andre Ayew is only a working one.
He said they are not friends.
In his staggering career for the national team, Gyan played alongside Ayew for over a decade and both players were at some point the leaders of the Black Stars team.
However, the 37-year-old in an interview with Kumasi-based Wontumi FM, said he only has a relationship with the Al Sadd forward when they are on duty for the national team but admits they get along well despite not speaking in a while.
“Andre (Ayew) is not my friend but a teammate,” he said.
“In every job, you work together but not everyone is your friend that you go and come with. Andre is my teammate and when we’re in camp we work together, but I can’t ask him to join me to go and sit somewhere and have a conversation. I also have my own clique.”
“I must confess that I have a good relationship with him, we sometimes talk about boxing matches but he is not my close friend. We have not talked to each other since my absence from the Black Stars”, Gyan added.
Prior to the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, Gyan was stripped of the Black Stars captaincy with Ayew being handed that role while the former was given the General Captain title.
- You dare not close down schools – Mahama tells Education Minister
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Goats ate seedlings planted under Green Ghana project because they were not protected – Environmentalist
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- ECG disconnects Energy Ministry over debt
- No one can unseat me as Tamale South MP – Haruna Iddrisu
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- Ghana has no system to register Mohammedan marriages – Dwomoh
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- What chicken feet tell us about daily life in Egypt
- ECG mass disconnection: Dial “*226# to verify staff that come to your house – Managing Director
- Road Toll returns soon: Should e-Levy stay or go?
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- There is nothing wrong with exploiting natural resources, depletion is the problem – Dr Krugu
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- ECG undertakes massive disconnection exercise to recover GH₵5.7 bn debt
- I’ll win VGMA Best Rap Performance award again – Lyrical Joe
- Gas-filled tanker removed from Duampompo on Accra-Kumasi highway after JoyNews report
- Rave reviews greet Nana Fynn’s book “My Home, My Hell: Should I stay or should I go?”
- Residents of Krofrom benefit from free health screening
- Six takeaways from Chris Hughton’s presser at unveiling ceremony in Kumasi
- Playback: NDC delivered ‘True State of the Nation Address’
- NDC flagbearership: Duffuor to file nomination on March 23
- Take advantage of technology to grow your business – Stanbic Digital Banking Head