Ghana international Asamoah Gyan opened his scoring account in the Indian Super League as NorthEast United beat Odisha to register their first win of the season on Saturday.
The striker’s 85th-minute goal proved crucial as it handed his outfit a 2-1 home triumph at Indira Gandhi Athletic Stadium.
A matchday two fixture, the game offered United three points for the first time in this campaign following a 0-0 away draw with Bengaluru.
Redeem Tlang opened the scoring for the hosts in just the second minute but Xisco Hernandez scored in the 71st minute to level the score for Odisha.
Five minutes to full-time, Gyan, who received a yellow card for a foul on the stroke of half-time, netted to ensure a win for United, having been set up by Lalthathanga Khawlhring.
The Highlanders have moved top of the table, a status that could change with matchday one winners Goa, Jamshedpur and Mumbai City yet to be in action in week two.
Gyan moved to the Indian side last month, having spent last season with Turkish outfit Kayserispor.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Vodafone CEO, Director of Digital Transformation make list of 50 most influential corporate women in Africa
Voting should start at 7 am and end at 3 pm – EC proposes
Six-year-old girl rescued from Alajo storm drain
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilise domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Playback: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship
Assault on Citi FM journalist: NMC writes to National Security Ministry for update on investigations
India unlikely to resume sizable Covid-19 vaccine exports until October