The leadership of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Ashanti Region has handed over the Suame Constituency Youth Organizer to the Police on Wednesday, February 8.
They have also assured the Police of their support to ensure lives and property are protected in the region before, during and after the 2024 elections.
The Ashanti Regional 1st Vice Chairman of NDC, Captain Kwame Jabari, informed the media after handing him over to the Police.
“We have met the Regional Police Commander for a discussion on the viral video. After our discussions, he said we should bring him to the Police station.
“This morning, we took him to the Regional Police headquarters and he was sent to the Sofoline Divisional Headquarters and so currently, he is with the crime officer and possibly he will be processed for court.”
The NDC Youth Organiser in Suame is reported to have made statements that border on possible reprisals to state-sponsored violence during elections.
As a result, the Police issued a statement on Monday on the Suame Youth Organiser’s threat “to attack persons of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the run-up to the 2024 General Elections”.
Condemning the incident, the Police urged political actors to be circumspect in their language and utterances “to safeguard the peace and security” of the country.
The Police subsequently declared him wanted.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Chris Hughton told me Baba Yara pitch is one of the best he’s seen – NSA Boss
- U23 AFCON 2023Q: Black Meteors held to 1-1 draw in Algeria
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- Mbappe scores in France heavy win over Netherlands
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile