Majority Chief Whip, Frank Annoh-Dompreh, has called for the establishment of a digital platform for trade access on the African continent.
Describing the digital platform as a “crucial” mechanism, he believes it would led to more seamless trade interaction on the continent and would further enhance the integration of Africa’s trade blocs as the African Free Trade agreement picks up.
Taking to his Twitter page he called on the AU to facilitate the mechanism by boosting it.
African Trade Exchange: The establishment of a Digital platform for Trade Access on the Continent is so crucial.— Hon. Frank Annoh-Dompreh (@FAnnohDompreh) May 12, 2022
The AU.should facilitate this mechanism by boosting it. Member countries should buy into this innovative approach.
The Russian-Ukraine war is hurting the globe!..
Also, “Member countries should buy into this innovative approach.”
His call comes at a time where economies across the globe are reeling from the economic aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic and the ongoing Ukraine war.
With the risk of recessions hitting some economies due to their rapidly shrinking economies, Annoh-Dompreh’s call emphasises the need for a larger market for African economies through the rapid integration of continental trade blocs to offset the risk of recession often weak African economies may face in the coming months.
- I hate Manchester United because they made Sammy Kuffour cry – Gifty Oware-Mensah
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators