Benjamin Azamati and Sean Sarfo-Antwi are back in the trends.
This was after the duo’s electric performances during the 100m heat at the ongoing Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
First was Ghanaian 100m record holder, Azamati, who won Heat 7 of the men’s race despite a shaky start to the event.
The sprinter finished first with a time of 10.19s to advance to the semi-finals of the 100m.
Sean Sarfo-Antwi also secured a semi-final berth after running 10.33 in Heat 10.
🇬🇭Sean Safo-Antwi finishes 4th in Heat 10,but is through to the semi finals— George Addo Jnr (@addojunr) August 2, 2022
Safo’s 10.33s was one of 7 fastest times that pulled through via the non automatic qualifying route.
He finished behind Jerod Elcock, Emanuel Archibald and Stephan Charles but still qualified for the next phase.
The semifinals are scheduled for Wednesday, August 3.
Here are some reactions:
Benjamin Azamati didnt start well yet won the 100M heat 7 🔥 If he works on his start well, Usain Bolt’s Records will be shaking😂🔥— TWO TERTY 🇳🇬🇬🇭 (@Aboa_Banku1) August 2, 2022
Sean Safo-Antwi also through to the Semis😊🇬🇭— Commodore. (@CdoreIsRed) August 2, 2022
Benjamin Azamati through to semis. Clean run ankasa👌🇬🇭🇬🇭 pic.twitter.com/nsYQBqo9Iu— Juliet Bawuah (@julietbawuah) August 2, 2022
Sean Safo Antwi finished fourth in his Heat with 10.33 and qualifies as one of the non automatic spots— Frank Darkwah (@Blaqqkoffi) August 2, 2022
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- YEA increases monthly allowances for Community Protection Assistants
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Ghana to host 1st Ultimate Entrepreneur Competition
- Belgium’s Eden Hazard announces international retirement
- World Lottery boss, other global lottery leaders in Ghana for ‘NLA@60’
- Reduction of benchmark discount may have contributed to rising inflation – Deloitte
- Dilapidated Adjiringanor ADMA Basic School becoming a death trap
- Over 100 injured in Spanish train collision
- George Addo Jnr: Otto Addo leaves behind a Black Stars squad pregnant with titles
- Ghana need IMF badly, return to Fund will improve government’s fiscal position – Deloitte
- China rolls back strict Covid rules after protests
- World Cup 2022: Croatia ready to challenge ‘terrifying favourites’ Brazil – Zlatko Dalic
- ICUMS operations saves importers over high cost of – Ghana Link
- Tanzania cancels independence celebration, diverts funds to build dormitories for kids
- Ghana to send nurses to UK in exchange for money – Health Minister announces
- Soften your stance, engage bondholders on debt restructuring – government advised
- Completion of Tema-Mpakadan Railway Project to open businesses around Volta Lake – Akufo-Addo