Bibiani Gold Stars rewrote their history books by securing promotion to the Ghana Premier League for the first time after a goalless draw against Pacific Heroes on Sunday.
The result leaves Bibiani Gold Stars six points clear of Skyy FC Daboase who sit in second place in Zone Two.
Bibiani Gold Stars have come close to promotion on several occasions but have finally crossed the line with their head coach Kobina Amissah.
Amissah, who helped Berekum Chelsea, Elmina Sharks and Sekondi Hasaacas gain promotion to top flight football, enjoyed a terrific campaign with Bibiani Gold Stars suffering just two defeats so far.
Another key stakeholder in their fight for promotion was striker Prince Owusu who scored 18 goals this season.
The people of Sefwi and Bibiani township will have a Premier League team for the first time in their history.
Bibiani Gold Stars become the first side to be promoted to the Premier League for next season.
In Zone One and Three, Bofoakwa Tano and Accra Lions lead their respective tables and remain in pole position to secure promotion.
Three clubs in total are expected to join the Premier league next season replacing the three relegated teams.
- Asamoah Gyan’s run, Bagbin’s dance and Black Stars fans’ clean-up as fans celebrate S. Korea win in style
- 2022 World Cup: Mohammed Kudus inspires Black Stars to beat South Korea
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses Oslo chancery building case against Ghana
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: 5 things Otto Addo must fix after our game with South Korea
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- Police arrest 7 gunmen who stormed hospital in attempt to kill teen
- ADB appoints Yakubu-Tali as new MD
- 2022 World Cup: Andre Ayew, Kudus could miss Uruguay clash with yellow cards against South Korea
- Gunmen stop sermon and rob churchgoers in South Africa
- Policy rate hits 27%; loans to become more expensive
- Meteo predicts intense dry weather conditions in coming days
- Government’s decision to withdraw FX support for rice imports not well thought through – Senyo Hosi
- GHOSPA petitions NHIA to revise prices of medicines
- 2023 budget mere rhetoric, without real substance to it – Senyo Hosi
- National Vaccine Institute is 95 per cent complete – Dr Nsiah-Asare
- Ghana Science Association calls for application for Young Scientist Essay Challenge 2022
- Akufo-Addo congratulates Black Stars for South Korea’s defeat
- 2022 FIFA WC: Ghanaians should expect more from us – Gideon Mensah after Ghana’s win
- Playback: PM Express discuss the 2023 Budget
- Police investigate chief over alleged support for nomads suspected of robbery attacks at Ejura
- Major mining firms were consulted in Gold for Oil policy – BoG Governor
- BoG warns growth may remain below potential levels
- World Bank concerned about Ghana becoming more reliant on natural resource extraction
- Rotary Club of Kumasi to build boreholes, micro flush toilets for three districts in Ashanti Region
- BoG will put in place measures to ensure banks remain solvent – Dr Addison