Last week, Dwayne Johnson took to Twitter to share news regarding the ongoing success of Black Adam.
In a clip, the professional wrestler-turned-actor revealed that the film which has earned over $378 million globally has now soared to the #1 stop on iTunes.
Going on to talk about the success of the film, Johnson discusses how the “hierarchy of power” has changed at the DC Extended Universe, thanking fans for coming along on the journey.
Interestingly, Johnson goes on to outline how he plans to further cement the Justice Society and establish Black Adam as the “most powerful, unstoppable force.”
Building on his earlier notes about how he has “fought for years” and continues to push to bring back Henry Cavill as Superman. Going on to reveal that Warner Bros. was reluctant to have Cavill return, calling the decision inexplicable and inexcusable.
“It’s been years and years of strategic conversations about bringing Henry Cavill back, and we refuse to accept failure, let the greatest power and greatest hero be absent, and then try to build the DCEU. Irrational thing, totally impossible.
“That’s why we tried so hard to bring back Superman, there was no one else but Henry Cavill, the greatest Superman of our generation, and I have a lot of respect for the rest of the cast, especially Christopher Reeve, but in my mind, Cavill is still the greatest Superman.”
Dwayne Johnson now believes that DC Films and Warner Bros. Pictures can now construct the DCEU in the right direction after placing James Gunn and Peter Safran as co-CEOs of DC Studios.
Sayin’ thank ya so much from my ol’ pick up truck for all the amazing #BlackAdam support and reactions— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) November 23, 2022
#1 movie on iTunes 🔥
We’ll remain in theaters as well throughout the holidays 🎅🏾⚡️
Also wanted to give ya some #Superman info 👊🏾
Happy 🦃🍿 pic.twitter.com/WyGa49J7Dr
- My wife has left me because of my child with another woman – Osofo Kyiri Abosom
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- 8 persons arrested in ‘School placement for sale’ exposé
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- Policy rate increases to 28%; cost of loans to surge
- Assault on Latif Iddrisu: No policeman touched him – Attorney General
- Pay Toure over ¢100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- 17-yr-old pregnant schoolgirl sacked from home, forced to stay with 22-yr-old boyfriend
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Comedian SDK loses mum
- Preservation of Moroccan-Jewish heritage: King Mohammed VI perpetuates strong legacy of his predecessors
- Suzuki commissions first locally assembled vehicle in Ghana
- 8 drowned pupils to be immortalised with new school at Atikagome
- IMF projects 3.8% growth for Sub-Saharan Africa, 2.8% for Ghana
- Minority Caucus meeting over removal of Minority leadership postponed for the second time
- $5.4bn in Covid aid may have gone to firms using suspect Social Security numbers
- 84% of countries to have lower inflation in 2023 – IMF
- Knowing when to quit is an important part of being a good leader
- Non-science students to be allowed to study desired science courses at the University – Education Minister
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Advisory for travellers entering the UK on February 1 amid strike action
- UK only major economy to shrink in 2023 – IMF