Black Sherif has denied claims that he turned down a request from Nigerian Afrobeat star, Davido, to collaborate on a remix for his hit single ‘Kwaku the Traveller’.
This comes after a post was widely circulated on social media purported to be written by the rapper on his Instagram stories.
“I don’t know why this guy and his team keep disturbing me for KTT remix, I’m not interested!! I’ve told you and it is the same thing I’ll tell your team! I don’t need someone to use their voice to spoil my song for me. Keep Streaming KTT! Out on all platforms,” the post read.
Sharing it on Twitter, one user claimed it was a reply to Davido after the ‘If’ hitmaker reached out to Black Sherif for a remix of Kwaku The Traveller.
However, responding to the tweet, the rapper stated that the screenshot of the post purported to be written by him is fake.
Black Sherif could not fathom why people would make such claims.
“This is so FAKE Brother, Why will you do this?” he quizzed.
Black Sherif’s hit song ‘Kwaku the Traveller’ has been on streaming and social media platforms ever since its release on Wednesday, March 30.
It became the first Ghanaian song to hit number one on the Top 100 Apple Music Chart in Nigeria.
On AudioMack, Black Sherif was among the most streamed Hip-Hop artists. He was ahead of Kodak Black, Lil Durk and JUICEWRLD.
According to Shazam, Kwaku The Traveller became the most searched for song in the week of April 9.
Currently, it is number one on YouTube’s trending music list and the audio has garnered about 2.6 million views on the platform.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- Man butchered by unknown assailants at Krofrom in Ashanti Region
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue
- We need to continue pressing for information – Prof Gadzekpo urges public
- Proposals for selecting leaders of NDC Minority Caucus was ignored – Haruna Iddrisu
- Lack of affirmative action cause of lopsided nature of Parliament – Prof. Audrey Sitsofe Gadzekpo
- I can’t wait to get started – Antoine Semenyo after completing Bournemouth move
- Lynx Entertainment signees ‘BDSM’ thrill patrons at Coming Soon EP release party
- #FillGPLCenters: Aziz Haruna is not wise for blaming Hearts management on poor attendance – Sowah Odotei
- Trend of malpractices of BECE candidates since 2018