The Bono East Region which was identified as a Covid-19 hotspot at the beginning of this month has a firm grip on the situation.
This is according to the Regional Director of the Ghana Health Service, Dr Fred Adomako Boateng.
He said this while speaking on the AM Show on Tuesday, August 17, 2021.
Due to the bustling commercial and trade activities, there is a lot of traffic in and out of the region.
Residents had relaxed in adhering to protocols especially after recording almost no cases in some weeks in June.
Dr Adomako Boateng explained that it has taken a lot of intensive work and deliberate collaboration with the security forces to be able to bring the situation under control.
These include placing the responsibility of adherence to protocols squarely on the shoulders of the organisers, holding drivers responsible for their passengers’ compliance, arresting culprits as well as intensifying education.
He thanked the Regional Minister for his commitment to bringing numbers down.
The GHS Regional Director also stated that the region is ready to receive their vaccines which should be arriving this week.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- My wife got to know she was pregnant after robbery attack – Akesse Brempong
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- DDEP: Financial institutions regulators should protect customers, not government – Dan Seddoh
- Profile of Anthony Akoto Osei
- Falling interest rates to boost private sector growth – Alhassan Andani
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Kylian Mbappe replaces Hugo Lloris as France national team captain
- AFCON 2023Q: Black Stars hold first training at Baba Yara Stadium [Photos]
- Alpha Beta Christian College wins 2nd Inter-School Girls Debate Championship
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- NDC Parliamentary primaries: We’re not protecting any sitting MP – Sammy Gyamfi
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- MFWA to hold national-level forum on misinformation, peace and democratic consolidation today
- MFWA builds capacity of journalists in fact-checking
- We have developed key interventions to safeguard clients pension funds- Enterprise Trustees
- ECG building dockets on those who have stolen power – Samuel Mahama
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu