Cement is in short supply in the Tamale Metropolis; leaving those engaged in construction works with no choice but to rush for the limited supply at a higher cost to complete their projects before the rains set in.
A bag of cement now sells at GH¢50.00 with many buyers complaining about the hike in price.
GHACEM and Dangote Cement are sold at GH¢50.00 per bag while Diamond Cement and other brands go for GH¢48.00 per bag.
Three weeks ago, GHACEM and Dangote were sold at GH¢47 per bag while other brands went for GH¢45.00.
A visit by the Ghana News Agency on Saturday to some major cement dealers from Kukuo to Sangjirugu, and Kakpagyili to Lamashegu to ascertain the supply situation revealed that most of them did not have the product.
A store at Lamashegu, opposite the Metro Mass Depot, had about 25 bags of the GHACEM cement but the shop owner said they were being kept for a customer, who had already paid for them.
At Kakpagyili, a truckload of Supacem arrived in the afternoon to be offloaded into a store but buyers soon besieged the place and the products were offloaded directly into their trucks and motor kings (tricycle).
Most of the buyers told the GNA that they were prepared to buy the product at the current price in order to complete their projects on time.
- Building a successful brand through organizational culture
- Cecilia Dapaah has never owned a real estate business – PA rubbishes claims by OSP
- Achieving succession planning success: The importance of a holistic succession strategy
- African fintech, Web3 leaders to convene at Africa Money and DeFi summit in Accra
- Domelevo supports removal of Finance Minister and BoG Governor
- Sogbe Amalgamated Family Union launched to champion educational, economic, and social development
- CPP denies forming alliance with Alan Kyerematen ahead of 2024 general elections
- Ellembele MP clashes with DCE over fixing of deplorable roads in the constituency
- At least 9 killed in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Ablakwa challenges Jean Mensa to provide proof that Parliament restricted EC’s operations
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters shameful, unlawful – Sammy Gyamfi
- His vision continues to inspire us – Ghanaians celebrate Kwame Nkrumah on his birthday
- Akufo-Addo urges international community to support efforts to resolve Africa’s conflict
- Aflao Border main gate temporary closed for security screening – Ghana Immigration Service
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now! Pt. III