The Central Regional Police command has asked residents to assist the Ghana Police Service with credible information that would lead to the arrest of criminals that live among them.
The Region has been in the news following the murder of the head teacher of the Asepetu Anglican Basic School in his home in Cape Coast.
Regional police Commander, DCOP Habiba Twumasi Sarpong, stated that volunteering information about suspicious characters and criminals in society will enable the police to discharge its duties efficiently and effectively.
The Police Commander who spoke at the handing over of a police station built by the Church of Pentecost at Abrem Agona in the Central Region, encouraged residents to play a watchdog role to assist the police to work effectively.
DCOP Habiba Twumasi, while praising the Church of Pentecost for the show of support to the Police Service, urged residents to play their part in fighting crimes in the region.
“We are pleased to be assisted by the Church of Pentecost in building a police station for the people. We promise to use this building for the purpose for which it was built. We will urge you to assist the police service with information that would lead to the arrest of criminals,” she said.
The Church of Pentecost indicated that it remained committed to the provision of social services in the Ghanaian communities and helping the security services discharge their duties was one of their agenda.
Cape Coast Area Head of the Church of Pentecost, Apostle Yaw, who spoke on behalf of the Chairman of the Church of Pentecost was confident the project was not going to be the last thing the church would do in its drive to support social services in the Ghanaian communities.
He says the Church of Pentecost as part of its vision 2023 agenda, and part of one of its core objectives, decided to partner government to provide social services wherever it is needed.
“One of the projects we centered on is the police station and posts projects. We believe that in communities that they are non-existent, we will partner government to build provide such amenities. We can spread the gospel better at places where the security is good. Where there is no peace, our work as men and women of God would be affected,” he stated.
The chiefs of Abrem Agona released the land for the project while the Head of the Local Government Service who hails from the community is said to have played an instrumental role in the building of the police station.
MCE for Komenda Edina Eguafo Abirem Municipality, Nana Appiah Korang, thanked the Church of Pentecost for showing the way.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- Political appointees at Presidency increases to 361
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display
- Police to probe death of Yul Edochie’s son
- Morocco King hailed for the Atlas Lions’ growing status
- Managers of Hillburi hotel arrested for alleged power theft
- Blatant power theft in Ghana very worrying – ECG
- Ebo Whyte’s ‘Just The Tip’ excites patrons
- ‘He’s clueless’ – Derek Boateng lashes out at Milovan Rajevac
- Son of murdered Mujipe chief reveals names of assailants
- Policy framework for aluminium downstream industry in the offing – CEO of GIADEC
- Trump indictment: A simple guide to what it means
- “Time for Dogboe to strap the title belt” – Patrice Harris
- Decouple NHIS proceeds from consolidated fund – Bono Regional GHS boss tells government
- Six bodies discovered in Canada marsh near US border
- Go to Italy and speak to Afena-Gyan – Derek Boateng charges GFA