The CEO of Challenging Heights, James Kofi Annan, has revealed that the organisation has by September 2022, rescued 24 more children from human trafficking.
According to him, the children were used to help in fishing.
He said eight of the children were rescued through the organisation’s conventional approaches while 16 others were rescued from the country’s borders with its neighbouring countries.
Speaking in an interview with JoyNews’ correspondent Richard Kwadwo Nyarko, the Challenging Heights CEO said the rescued children consists of six girls and 18 boys.
Mr Annan also disclosed that one of the rescued girls aged 14 was pregnant.
“The children rescued were made up of 6 girls and 18 boys with one of the girls being pregnant at the age of 14, bringing the total of the children the organization has rescued so far this year 2022 to fifth seven children”, he said.
He urged government to increase investment in the 2023 fiscal policy budget to support state agencies that are fighting against human trafficking.
- Father and daughter die in a gory accident at Ejisu-Onwe
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- Bodies of 10 civilians allegedly killed by soldiers released to families for burial
- 12 persons arrested for involvement in robbery, murder cases
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- Women have been misled about menopause says New York Times
- ‘I am a fixer, not a talker’ – Dr Osei Adutwum tells critics
- It is unreasonable for Opuni’s case to drag on for 6 years – Attorney General
- Ghana’s School of Shame: My statement was ‘photoshopped’ – Dr Adutwum
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- Blakk Rasta slams Efya after ‘who is he?’ statement
- Playing at the World Cup was a dream – Kamaldeen Sulemana
- Shegah bounces back with new single, ‘Cool Chop’
- Don’t engage military in combat – Upper East REGSEC to Bawku residents
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- Andre Ayew set to reunite with Steve Cooper at Nottingham Forest
- We ‘neutralised’ 6 armed men in Bawku – GAF on allegations of killing 7 locals
- Mason Greenwood attempted rape charges dropped
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- AGI unhappy with level of tariffs increment for beverage sector; warns of collapse of industries
- eTranzact adjudged ‘Leading Fintech Solution Provider’, grabs 2 other top awards
- Nigeria election: Biometric voting system, other reforms commendable –
- My goal is to make an impact with my craft – DWP Academy US manager
- Birim River is one of the most polluted water bodies – Cecilia Dapaah
- France defender Varane retires from international football