National 200m record holder, Joseph Paul Amoah, has won bronze medal at the ongoing Commonwealth Games in Birmingham.
The sprinter raced in the final of the 200m event on Saturday, August 6, and finished with a time of 20.49s.
Joe Paul’s success on Saturday night sees him win Ghana’s first medal in the track event having seen Benjamin Azamati miss out on a medal in the 100m final.
Ghana’s 4x100m relay team was also disqualified earlier on Saturday after the coaches did not inform race officials one hour to the race, as the rules require when replacing an athlete.
His podium finish sees him become the first African to win a medal in the 200m event since 2006 while he also becomes the first Ghanaian to win a medal in 200m since George Daniels in 1974.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Livestream: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region
- Government records fiscal deficit of 6.4% as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Cedi loses 37.5% in value to dollar as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- 51 GrEEn SMEs receive over ¢1.3m total matching grant to expand their business
- Banks profit-before-tax grows 25.2% to ¢6.1bn
- Kanye West wants Jamie Foxx to play him in a movie
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- Road Minister sorry for ‘worst’ roads in region
- NPP sets Legal Directorate; appoints Gary Nimako as director