It is the sixth week already and the show is increasingly becoming tougher and more challenging, with contestants on Joy Prime’s Cues and Lyrics music reality show putting in their best as the weeks unfold.
The competing musical talents have proven their worth by unearthing great musical dexterity over the past few weeks.
The ten out of twelve contestants were tasked with throwing back to the 80s and 90s by bringing on tunes by celebrated and legendary musicians.
All contestants put in effort to honour some of the veterans in the industry across the world, but young rapper Suuparstar TZ topped the challenge with a tremendous performance of “Odo Colour” by George Darko.
Known for his rap ‘bars’, Suuparstar TZ came in with a different vibe as he sang the song with a little addition of his rap, which impressed the judges.
Guest judge, Dr. Poundz, could not hold his excitement and said, “I was just telling Bullgod that if this guy is a rapper, he needs to add some rap to this song, and you just did it. I was waiting to hear that rap, and you did justice to it. I love this one.”
Adding his comments to it, Bullgod said, “You’re a superstar. Keep it up.”
All contestants were applauded for reliving the tunes of some legendary musicians with their art.
Cues and Lyrics airs every Sunday at 8:30 p.m. on the Joy Prime channel. Join the excitement and continue to vote for your favourite to pick the ultimate price.
Cues and Lyrics; bring on the music.
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- Supreme Court ruling comes as a very big birthday present to me – Domelevo
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Joe Ghartey picks NPP presidential nomination form
- Adom FM, EndPoint Homeopathic Clinic offer free prostate screening exercise
- Adom FM launches ‘Sɛdeɛ Yɛka No Nie’ to promote accurate use of Akan language
- Ghanaians must protect gains made under constitutional rule – NCCE Director
- Adom FM launches ‘Dad Too Can Cook’ event ahead of Father’s Day celebration
- SIM card deactivation: Affected persons have the opportunity to re-register – Ken Ashigbey
- Music royalties at risk as GHAMRO’s operating license is withheld
- Moses OK opens up his music journey
- You’ll have access to your MoMo after restoration – Ken Ashigbey assures ‘blocked’ mobile users
- We’ve received over ¢119m in 3 years from Common Fund – NYA provides partial information to JoySports
- Rejoinder: Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Former DCE of Akatsi passes on
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer signs for Augsburg until 2027
- Let’s work together for peace in Bawku – VP Bawumia