Nigerian crooner Davido has trended on social media as videos of his spectacular entrance at the O2 Arena Concert on Saturday wowed fans.
Born David Adeleke, the award-winning singer, arrived in a square LCD cage with psychedelic displays.
Moments later, Davido was revealed in a Dolce and Gabbana dress and opened his performance with high grossing ‘Skelewu’.
With a lot to see, hear and do on the night, fans help it but keep shouting and filming on their mobile devices as Davido landed on stage to start his performance.
For the thousand Nigerian diasporans who made it to the O2 Arena, they could not hide their love for their compatriot to the admiration of other citizens.
After delivering his performance, Davido used the occasion to celebrate Ghanaian dancehall act, Stonewboy, with the audience.
Stonebwoy turned 34 on Saturday and the concert was a climax for his birthday.
Even before Davido’s grand entry, his controversial aide, Isreal DMW, opened the show with chants amidst bell ringing.
Prior to the O2 Arena Concert, Davido had shared a conversation with his aide who had begged to open his O2 Arena show.
The aide had shared a video of his rehearsal to the ‘Fall’ singer showing him how he would usher him to the stage.
Davido bought into the idea and Israel got his wish as he had the rare opportunity of opening the show.
Dressed in an all-white, Israel made several chants dedicated to Davido akin to how fetish priests do to their gods with a bell in hand which rings simultaneously.
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- Blunt Thoughts: Losing from both ends – Our natural resources in crisis and our economy in tatters
- Total Mobile Money transactions fall by 2% year-on-year in August 2022; E-levy impact marginal
- IBAG to celebrate Insurance Brokers’ Awareness Month this October
- GRA locks up popular event center ‘Underbridge’
- NSMQ 2022: Competing schools arrive on KNUST campus ahead of prelims
- ‘Galamsey’ got worse under Mahama – NPP tells NDC
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Kuami Eugene grabs 2022 BMI London award
- Former Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit calls for Thomas Partey backup in January
- Bawumia has been a disaster as head of economic management team – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
- People like our union – Shatta Wale on why he requested to collaborate with Michy
- Qatar 2022: Ghana vs Uruguay not a ‘revenge’ game – Andre Ayew
- Malta Guinness WPL: Ridge City take on Essiam Socrates; Pearlpia face Prisons Ladies on Day 1
- I think Black Sherif is Bob Marley reincarnate – Sonnie Badu
- Prudential Bank leads conversation on Pan-African Payment and Settlement System