An Aide to former President John Mahama, Felix Kwakye Ofosu has ridiculed former Finance Minister, Dr Kwabena Duffuor over his decision to contest in the National Democratic Congress (NDC) flagbearership race.
This follows the picking of nomination forms on Thursday on his behalf by the Ashanti Regional Women’s Organiser, Gloria Huze, who led a delegation to the party headquarters.
Commenting on the development in an interview on Joy FM’s Top Story on Thursday, Mr Felix Kwakye Ofosu said although the John Mahama campaign team has enormous respect for Dr Duffour, “the truth is that Dr Duffuor flagbearership is such a wild fantasy.”
For this reason, the former Deputy Information Minister expressed his astonishment that “it is being tabled as a serious opposition” to ex president Mahama.
Explaining the reason for his statement, Mr. Kwakye Ofosu asserted that Dr Duffuor does not stand the chance of becoming the NDC flagbearer.
“Not that he is not quality material, he is by every stretch of the imagination, but there is a much better candidate in the shape of former President Mahama who can guarantee the NDC victory in 2024,” he added.
He went on to say that the general election in 2024 is not one to be trifled with, therefore the need for the party to put their best foot forward, adding that “President Mahama as far as the NDC is concerned, is the best candidate we can present for that election for many reasons.”
- 50 people injured after accident involving 4 cars on Kasoa-Weija road
- Assin North by-election: EC denies NDC’s accusation of inserting candidate’s name in voters register
- Nogokpo saga: Perez Chapel Bishop declares week-long fast over controversy
- Encourage acquisition, mergers of banks and NBFIs if needed – IMF tells government
- Agya Koo’s new plush mansion which got social media talking
- Two police officers injured as ghetto boys escape with handcuffs during arrest at Gomoa Nyanyano
- Assin North by-election: NDC accuses NPP, EC of plotting to insert an unqualified candidate’s name in voters register
- ‘I can’t believe I am here’ – Tariq Lamptey on his first start at the World Cup for Ghana
- betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak lose 4th consecutive game; Medeama drop points
- NPA impounds 181,000 litres of crude oil, diesel in Western Region
- Burna Boy makes history in London with sellout stadium show
- UEW staff write to Akufo-Addo to remove Governing Council Chair over abuse of office, appointment of VC
- Woman jailed over infant deaths pardoned
- Ecobank Ghana supports Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative with $120,000
- Prince Harry accused of ‘wasting time’
- Billie Jean King Cup: Richard Ayi Dartey announces Ghana’s squad
- Five bills expected to be laid as Parliament reconvenes tomorrow
- 2023 AFCONQ: Asamoah Gyan expresses ‘worry’ about Black Stars squad for Madagascar clash
- Lasmid leaves Highly Spiritual Music – Kaywa confirms
- June 4 uprising occurred for far less than what is happening in Ghana today – Mahama
- There is no law to empower GHAMRO to charge for music play – Rex Omar
- Gunmen kill dozens and kidnap children in northern Nigeria
- Power Purchase Agreements: Let’s go for least-cost procurement competitive tender regime – former VRA Boss
- Wimbledon: Russian and Belarusian players still waiting for visas to enter UK
- Ga Traditional Council entreats citizens to adhere to customary laws