The Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Dr. George Akuffo Dampare, toured Kwahu and other parts of the Eastern Region during this year’s Easter festivities.
In a Facebook post, the Police noted that the tour was to assess security arrangements put in place in the region and especially at Kwahu where the majority of activities took place.
“It was also to shore up the morale of personnel deployed across the region,” the Police added.
During the tour, the IGP and his team engaged drivers, transport unions, commuters and the general public on issues relating to general security and safety on the road.
The team took advantage of the opportunity to introduce the concept of “COAT” to drivers and other road users.
“COAT” which is an acronym for Concentration, Observation, Anticipation and Tolerance are qualities to be exhibited by drivers and other road users in order to prevent road traffic accidents.
Members of the IGP’s team included Director-General (DG)/National Patrols Department, COP/Mr. Paul Manly Awini; DG/ICT, COP/Mr Edward Tabiri; DG/Welfare, DCOP/Mrs Habiba Twumasi-Sarpong and the Eastern Regional Police Commander, DCOP/Mr. Anderson Fosu-Ackaah.
The pre-deployment briefing and subsequent deployment of personnel were supervised by an advanced team of POMAB members made up of the DG/CID, COP/Mr. Isaac Ken Yeboah; DG/HR, COP/Mr. Frederick Adu Anim; DG/MTTD, COP/Mr. Francis Aboagye Nyarko; DG/Operations, DCOP/Mr. Mohammed Fuseini Suraji and DG/Public Affairs Directorate (PAD), DCOP/Mr. Kwesi Ofori.
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor-General’s report
- Mankessim murder: We didn’t commit crime with mason; he only dug hole for burying a victim – Chief
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana’s economy further within junk status
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- The viral lynching that was to end Nigeria’s mob justice
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- NSMQ 2022 launched; fixtures for preliminary stage released
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Scores of residents displaced, others trapped as Weija, Oblogo and Tetegu flood
- Provident Insurance donates medical equipment to Princess Marie Louise Children’s Hospital
- Edmund Yirenkyi Fianko elected to ITU’s Radio Regulatory Board
- Joy News’ Joojo Cobbinah, NGO sue government over River Offin menstruation taboo
- Illegal mining: Government has failed- Concerned citizen
- Live2Lead Leadership Conference by John Maxwell to be held in Ghana on Oct. 7
- Ghana joins in celebration of World Cerebral Palsy Day
- First-ever Food Systems Pavilion to be hosted at COP27 in Egypt
- Free SHS making a giant impact in the education sector – Education Minister
- Dr Ravi Prabhu appointed Director General ad interim of World Agroforestry
- GIS holds 6th Time Educators Conference
- Kingmakers of Pakyi No. 1 angry with Chief for allowing illegal mining activities to surge
- ‘My son likes my dirty songs’ – Kidi
- Nektunez joins Akon’s Konvict Kulture family
- The rise of prostitution commonly termed hookup among university students
- Absa Bank and MasterCard Foundation to grant ¢2.5m to Fintech/Agritech Startups