The Electoral Commission (EC) has created an additional 700 polling stations in the Eastern Region, to be used for the 2020 general elections.
This has, therefore increased the number of polling stations from 3,243 to 3,943.
Mr Michael Acheampong, Deputy Regional Director of the EC, explained that the increment was as a result of the Commission’s decision to split oversubscribed polling stations that had a voter population above 800.
He indicated that efforts were being made to ensure safe, free and fair elections and urged Ghanaians to adhere the guidelines and the rules of campaigning and elections before, during and after, to maintain the peace.
He appealed to the media to be circumspect in their reportage and cross-check every information bordering on the elections with the EC for better clarifications to ensure that the outcome of the elections was accepted by all stakeholders.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Create a budget to fight cyber crime – Cyber Security Authority to businesses
- GCB Bank vows to offer competitive and affordable credit to customers
- Residents of Asamang-Tamfoe protest attacks by Okyeman Environmental Task Force
- GGBL’s Johnnie Walker headlines 2022 Emy Awards
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- GSE is worst performing stock market in Africa; suffers from cedi depreciation
- 18 maternal mothers detained at the Eastern Regional Hospital rescued by Kabaka Foundation
- Torrential rains likely to cut-off Sunyani-Techiman highway
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan