New Patriotic Party (NPP) Parliamentary candidate and current MP for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong, has retained the seat.
He amassed a sum of 19,754 votes, as against 14,747 which went in favour of his main opposition, the National Democratic Congress’ (NDC) Nurein Shaibu Migyimah, securing him a sixth consecutive term as Member of Parliament (MP).
The businessman was first elected as MP in 2000, representing Central Region’s Assin North Constituency.
He further retained the seat in 2004 and 2008, until four years later when he was elected to represent the newly-created Assin Central Constituency.
Mr. Agyapong was again given a four-year mandate in 2016.
The political party on whose ticket he contests, the New Patriotic Party, also recorded victory in the Presidential race at the contituency.
Presidential candidate Nana Akufo-Addo amassed 21,159 votes, while opposition candidate, John Dramani Mahama, accumulated 12,650 votes for the National Democratic Congress.
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- Minority warns against turning Green Ghana Day events into corruption schemes
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Vice President Bawumia has never held British or any other citizenship – Gideon Boako
- Life lounge with Edem Knight-Tay: Only because she is a woman
- I’ve been forced out over Partygate report – Boris Johnson
- 2023 AFCONQ: Chris Hughton replaces injured Alexander Djiku with Kasim Adams
- Media Coalition Against Galamsey frustrated at non-prosecution of Akonta Mining directors
- ISSER recommends adoption of electric vehicles to achieve a low-carbon transport sector
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid