Former Black Stars head coach Kwesi Appiah has written to the Ghana Football Association (GFA) demanding his unpaid salary arrears.
Appiah is owed five months salary and one match winning bonus.
With his salary believed to be $35,000, the FA and the Sports Ministry must cough up $175,000 to settle him.
Joy Sports sources understand, the letter was written by his lawyer Thaddeus Sory and they want the payment to be done within two weeks.
Appiah is said to have been angered by the GFA directive that he should return ‘everything handed to him’ which aided his work as Black Stars coach. Appiah complied and returned the car last Friday.
A few days after, Appiah demanded the GFA and the Government to pay him his outstanding salaries. However, it is unclear whether he will seek legal action if he doesn’t receive his money within the two-week deadline.
Kwesi Appiah’s second stint, which lasted two-and-half years, ended in December.
He was replaced by his assistant, Charles Akonnor.
- Supreme Court dismisses case against regulation of plant breeders
- Doctor fired for prescribing ice cream and video games to child with sore throat
- Barker-Vormawor refuses to state his plea as he is slapped with fresh Treason charges
- Archbishop Agyinasare’s comment can trigger security and peace instability – Security analyst
- Some OMCs start increasing fuel prices; Goil selling a litre of petrol, diesel for ¢12.45
- Gyakye Quayson to contest Assin North seat again in June 27 by-election
- ‘Do I look like a fraudster?’ – Shatta Wale reacts to calls for FBI probe over his affiliation with Hajia4Reall
- I paid GH₵30,000 to fix my body – TikToker Aba Dope
- 7 reported dead, several others injured in renewed Gonja – Mamprusi clash
- Gyakye Quayson can vie for Assin North seat; it’s a calculated risk – Amaliba
- Mourinho throws trademark meltdown after Europa League final defeat
- French Open 2023: Norrie faces Musetti and could play Alcaraz next
- Saudi Pro League can become a ‘top-five league in the world’ says Cristiano Ronaldo
- Kofi Kinaata appointed Oceans Ambassador by SDG advisory unit at the Office of the President
- Ghana hosts International Forum on Agricultural Transformation
- Harm Reduction Alliance-Ghana urges government to adopt Sweden’s approach towards a Tobacco-free society
- France influencers: Jail threat for those found flouting new ad laws
- Taylor Swift fans report ‘amnesia’ following Eras show
- Finance Minister reaffirms government commitment to economic stability to MTN Group investors
- Twitter boss Elon Musk reclaims title of world’s richest person
- US President Joe Biden trips and falls at Colorado event
- Woman jailed 2 months for stealing GH¢4,600
- Some illegal miners went back into AngloGold Ashanti’s shaft after being rescued – Martin Ayisi
- WMO appoints first female Secretary-General
- Assin North by-election: NPP closes nomination as two persons pick forms