Singer Gyakie says she was elated and honoured to have the First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo use her lyrics to celebrate President Akufo-Addo on his birthday.
According to her, seeing the post on the First Lady’s page, with the lyrics of her ‘Forever’ hit song as the key message, was one of the biggest motivations she has had in 2021.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Gyakie said that she saw the post as a reason to keep doing music regardless of the challenges.
“I don’t know how I want to describe it (how she felt). It was one of the biggest motivations for me this year…I woke up in the morning and everyone was sending it to me and I couldn’t believe it,” Gyakie told Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM.
To celebrate her husband’s 77th birthday on March 29, 2021, Mrs Akufo-Addo took a line from Afrobeats singer, Gyakie’s Forever song to declare her undying love for her husband.
She wrote, “Happy Birthday Mr President. My mind dey for you.”
Happy Birthday Mr. President.❤️— Rebecca Akufo-Addo (@RAkufoAddo) March 29, 2021
🎶 My mind dey for you.🎶😉 pic.twitter.com/MzkNl1XcSR
Gyakie said that she had to recheck Mrs Akufo-Addo’s page to make sure the post was real.
“When I realised it was true, I was surprised and honoured that she actually quoted the line in the song,” she said
Gyakie shot to fame after her song ‘Forever’, hit across Africa.
The song, from her ‘’SEED’’ EP, broke into the top 10 of Thriller Global Billboard charts in December, 2020.
In March, 2021 Gyakie released the remix to her chart-topping song. It featured Nigeria’s breakthrough artiste Omah Lay.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
Isaac Dogboe set for Christopher Diaz challenge on November 20
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told
Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
Jude Bellingham: The teenager at the forefront of England’s future