The Ghana Education Service has welcomed the confirmation of Dr. Eric Nkansah as substantive Director General of the Service.
The GES described him as the best candidate for the job.
The initial appointment of Dr. Nkansah met stiff resistance from the various teacher unions resulting in a nationwide strike to protest his eligibility to lead the education service.
But speaking on JoyNews’ The Pulse, Friday, the spokesperson for the GES, Yaw Opoku Mensah says the embattled Director “is the man for the job.”
“Dr Eric Nkansah has been in the classroom for over 14 years, and he is bringing that same experience to the Ministry level, contributing to policy formulation and its implementation.
Meanwhile, the Executive Director of the Institute for Education Studies, Dr. Peter Anti Party, has advised the new Director General to reach out to all parties to foster a new relationship that will improve the education sector.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Pregnant woman fills potholes on Obuasi road
- Playback: NDC delivered ‘True State of the Nation Address’
- GALARY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators
- Ayorkor Botchwey cuts sod for construction of Foreign Ministry annex
- NAB names Lora Dennis as 2023 Digital Leadership Award honoree
- Bad Bunny sued for $40m by ex-girlfriend
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Trading of government bonds falls by 21.09% to ¢119.05m
- Ecobank Ghana named Best Trade Finance Provider by Global Finance Magazine
- Court revokes bail for estate developer, two others
- DDEP: Financial institutions regulators should protect customers, not government – Dan Seddoh
- Huawei’s FinTech 2.0 to support Ghana’s Mobile Money, deepen financial inclusion
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager