National Road Safety Campaign Ambassador Bice Obour Osei Kuffour has launched the Go Come Campaign in response to the rising and rampant road carnage on Ghana’s roads.
The campaign is aimed at helping educate road users, especially drivers to tread cautiously.
The National Road Safety Ambassador, who was recently appointed Managing Director of the Ghana Post, intimated that his long-standing passion and desire to see Ghana’s roads safe has driven him to embark on this National Campaign.
This, Mr Kuffour noted, is to ensure that travellers during the Yuletide and beyond travel safely to their destinations.
He stressed, “it is very possible for us to experience accident-free Christmas and New Year if we will all stay committed to the tenets of road safety and watch out for each other.”
“If we don’t over speed, do wrong overtaking, don’t drink alcohol and drive, if we will pay attention to road signs and most importantly ensure that human lives are protected at all times, we can achieve an accident-free Yuletide,” he added.
The “Okoaba” hitmaker said his commitment to see Ghana’s roads safe will always be a critical part of him no matter how high he rises in society, because, the human resource base of every nation remains its most priced asset.
He thanked the National Road Safety Authority and the Ghana Police Service for their collaboration.
He also thanked corporate organizations like Goil, Ghana Gas, SIC Insurance, National Lotteries Authority and KGL Group, for their support in this endeavour.
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback