Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana’s Government has strongly condemned a drone attack near Dubai International Airport that injured two Ghanaian nationals.
It described the incident as a threat to civilian safety and critical infrastructure.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in press release on Wednesday, said the Government had been informed by authorities in the United Arab Emirates that the two Ghanaians sustained injuries following the drone incident in the vicinity of the airport on Tuesday, March 11, 2026.
The release said Ghana strongly condemned any act that endangered civilian lives and vital infrastructure, and that such attacks posed serious risks to public safety and international transport hubs.
“The Government of Ghana strongly condemns any act that endangers civilian lives and critical infrastructure. Such incidents pose serious risks to public safety and underscore the importance of ensuring the protection of civilians and vital international transport hubs,” the release said.
It said Ghana’s Ambassador to the UAE had already led a delegation from the country’s Embassy in Abu Dhabi and the Consulate in Dubai to visit the injured nationals at the hospital.
The release indicated that the injuries were not critical and that the victims were expected to make a full recovery soon.
It added that the Government was providing the necessary consular assistance to the affected citizens while working closely with authorities in the host country to ensure their full recovery.
“The Ministry is closely monitoring the situation and will continue to engage with the appropriate authorities as required,” the release said, adding that Ghana conveyed its thoughts and concern to the injured individuals and their families.
It reiterated the Government’s commitment to the protection and welfare of Ghanaian citizens wherever they may be across the world.
It disclosed that Ghana was actively supporting ongoing consultations within the United Nations aimed at passing a resolution that would lead to a cessation of hostilities.
The Government further assured that it would continue to coordinate with Ghana’s diplomatic missions in the Gulf region and provide updates on the situation when necessary.
Meanwhile, Ghanaian nationals living and working in the Gulf region have been urged to exercise heightened vigilance and comply with directives issued by Ghana’s embassies as well as local authorities.
The release said the Government remained committed to safeguarding the interests and security of Ghanaians abroad while maintaining close diplomatic engagement with relevant international partners over the incident.
Latest Stories
-
Small arms amnesty campaign boosts surrender, regularisation of weapons in Ashanti Region
3 minutes -
A reflection on the proposed university for Savannah Region
4 minutes -
‘Empower the grassroots or forget 2028’ – NPP 1st Vice Chairman aspirant
8 minutes -
GES denies cancellation of Free SHS, warns against GH¢1,500 ‘chop box’ payment
14 minutes -
Mortuaries and Funerals Agency to deploy ‘funeral police’ nationwide to prevent corpse abuse
23 minutes -
Aisha Hospital delivers first-ever IVF Baby, opens new dialysis centre in Northern region
39 minutes -
GoldBod leadership may face ‘scary’ bail conditions in the future – Afenyo-Markin warns
44 minutes -
British couple on honeymoon killed in helicopter crash on Greek island
52 minutes -
Man, 20, drowns while helping travellers cross Ghana-Togo border river
1 hour -
Top 10 online bill payment platforms in Nigeria
1 hour -
Fire destroys more than 27 wooden structures at Spintex Coastal junction
1 hour -
GoldBod: Day of reckoning will come – Afenyo-Markin
1 hour -
In Photos: Defence Ministry welcomes Kenneth Gilbert Adjei as new Defence Minister
1 hour -
CSA fines EY Ghana GH¢360,000 for providing cybersecurity services without a licence
1 hour -
Bonsu Baah scores and assists in Al Qadsiah big win in Saudi King’s Cup
2 hours