For the first time this season, games will be played with fans after the president eased restrictions on playing behind closed doors.
Limited number of fans will be allowed with just 25% of the stadium’s capacity allowed to be occupied.
Asante Kotoko come off the back of elimination in the CAF Champions League in dramatic fashion after the Porcupine Warriors failed to present the minimum number of players to play Al Hilal.
All 18 teams will be involved this weekend but here are four games you can’t afford to miss this matchday:
Legon Cities vs WAFA
The Friday night match will be the first fixture to witness fans this season. Legon Cities who are winless this season will need all the support they can get to beat a WAFA side who are high flying.
The Royals sit bottom of the league and are in search of their first win of the season.
WAFA on the other hand are just one point off the top of the table and victory could see them sit top before the weekend.
Asamoah Gyan has missed the last three games due to injury and is expected to return to the squad today.
Coach Bashir Hayford needs a win, but most importantly a big performance to help convince the owners of the club that he is the right man for the job.
Stadium: Accra Sports stadium, Accra
Time: Friday, 18:00GMT
Prediction: Legon Cities 1-2 WAFA
Medeama vs Aduana Stars
A cracker is expected when these two sides meet in Tarkwa on Saturday.
Medeama are yet to replicate their form in recent seasons and have failed to pick up a home win all season.
Perhaps, the fortunes of the Mauve and Yellows who currently sit in 13th could change with the return of fans coupled with the acquisition of striker Ahmed Toure.
Samuel Boadu’s men have struggled for goals this season scoring eight in seven games so far.
Toure, who has scored quite a number of goals for Asante Kotoko and Bechem United could prove to be a gamechanger for the Tarkwa-based side.
In their way is an in-form Aduana Stars who are unbeaten in four games. The Dormaa boys have rediscovered their form and will be full of confidence heading into this tie.
Their talisman, Yahaya Mohammed is on four goals this season and will be eyeing the ultimate.
Aduana have failed to win an away game in their previous five attempts, a record that will be pleasing to Medeama.
Stadium: Akoon park, Tarkwa
Time: Saturday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: Medeama 1-1 Aduana Stars
Elmina Sharks vs Hearts of Oak
Hearts of Oak come off the back of an impresive victory against table toppers Bechem United winning 6-1.
Confidence certainly is high in the camp of the Phobians with new coach Kosta Papic getting a hold of his team.
However, the Serbian will miss six players due to injury: Emmanuel Nettey, Abdul Aziz Nurudee, Mamane Lawali, Michelle Sarpong, Kojo Obeng Jnr. and Isaac Mensah.
Regardless, the Phobians go into Sunday’s game in good form with two consecutive victories.
For Elmina Sharks, they’ll look to quickly get back to winning ways after their 3-1 defeat against Karela United last matchday.
Sharks are unbeaten at home this season winning two and drawing one. They will rely on the head to head between the two sides which is in a stalemate. Out of six meetings, Hearts and Sharks have won two each with the remaining two ending in a tie.
Stadium: Nduom stadium, Cape Coast
Time: Sunday, 18:00GMT
Prediction: Elmina Sharks 1-3 Hearts of Oak
Asante Kotoko vs Liberty Professionals
Asante Kotoko play Liberty Professionals at the Accra Sports stadium on Monday.
The last fixture of the matchday 8 will see a very depleted Kotoko side face a resilient Liberty side.
Kotoko could not fulfill their second leg CAF Champions League fixture against Al Hilal in Sudan due limited number of available players after Covid-19 hit their camp.
Seven players tested positive and will not be able to also feature against Liberty leaving Johnson Smith with a selection headache.
The Porcupine Warriors will look to put their woes behind them with a convincing victory on Monday to revive their title charge.
The Kumasi-based side who have a game in hand are ninth on the log, five points behind table toppers Bechem United.
Liberty will provide a stern test for Kotoko having lost just one game all season.
Stadium: Accra Sports stadium, Accra
Time: Monday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: Asante Kotoko 1-1 Liberty Professionals
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- AG Dame dialogues with UK Deputy PM over criminal justice reform
- Immigration fuels Canada’s largest population growth of over 1 million
- Walking barefoot improves menstrual flow, eyesight, sleep, hypertension, pain, and inflammation
- Jay Bahd is bigger than the ‘Best New Artist’ category – DJ Slim
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Gisele Bundchen says Tom Brady divorce was ‘death of my dream’
- Akufo-Addo’s appointments of NPP activists to EC require amendment of Article 43 – Mahama
- ICC concerned by Russia’s ‘threats’ over Putin warrant
- Why is everyone wearing these cartoonish red boots?
- Ken Ofori-Atta leads delegation to start debt restructuring talks with China
- BBC advises staff to delete TikTok from work phones
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Explicitly state your opposition to scrapping of ex-gratia – Mahama tells NPP
- I still believe Ghana can be managed with 60 ministers – Mahama
- South Africa to consult Russia over Putin’s arrest warrant