Hearts of Oak continued their impressive form beating fellow title rivals Medeama 2-0 at the Accra Sports stadium on Sunday.
The Phobians scored in each half through Salifu Ibrahim and Benjamin Afutu to maintain a their 7-game unbeaten record.
The result technically knocks Medeama out of the title race with Hearts’ closest contenders Asante Kotoko set to play Inter Allies on Monday.
King Faisal came out on top in a crucial encounter against Great Olympics at home.
An early headed goal by Zubairu Ibrahim was enough to separate the two sides.
The victory sends King Faisal out of the relegation zone with the Insha Allah boys sitting 15th.
In other results, Dreams held WAFA in Sogakope to a 1-1 draw.
AshantiGold won for the first time in four games, beating a struggling Ebusua Dwarfs side by a solitary goal.
A brace from Sam Adams sunk Liberty Professionals in Dormaa as the Scientific Soccer Lads now sit in the bottom three.
Bechem United picked their first win in seven games after securing a 2-0 home victory against Berekum Chelsea.
Karela United found a way without Diawise Taylor as they defeated Legon Cities 2-0.
In earlier games, Elmina Sharks were narrowly beaten Eleven Wonders 2-1 in a relegation six-pointer.
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer to answer 9 charges before GLC
- Fishermen in Elmina reject food items from Fisheries Minister
- High Court restores Senyo Hosi’s ¢8m defamation case against Kennedy Agyapong
- Assin North ruling: Our victory cannot be stolen in the face of travesty of justice – Gyaakye Quayson
- University of Ghana staff market shuts down until further notice
- Nigerian socialite, Hushpuppi faces 20 years in jail over fraud allegations
- National Cathedral to be commissioned on March 6, 2024 – Ken Ofori-Atta
- We are ready to organise fresh election in Assin North – EC
- BOST disagrees with court ruling on payment of ¢10m judgement debt
- Playback: Finance Minister presents Mid-Year budget review to Parliament
Dumasi youth attack on Future Global Resources forces mine to close down temporarily
Today’s frontpages: Friday, July 30, 2021
Grammy is the dream, I am working towards it – Mona 4Real
Committee to probe immigration officers cited in exposé demanding money for entry at borders
Kokomlemle residents call for underground power transmission cables
Precious Baidoo: MOMO with ID – An inclusion mechanism or exclusion starter pack?
Tax Exemptions bill to be taken to Parliament by end of 2021 – Deputy Finance Minister
Ken Ofori-Atta didn’t ask for more money but will end up spending more – Ato Forson
Amnesty Ghana urges government to protect prisoners, citizens’ rights
Government make strides in road construction
Government must consult academia, industry in order to win ‘galamsey’ fight – Researcher
‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
Avoid EU’s past mistakes – Flood Resilience expert warns Africa
Government declares August 4, public holiday to mark Founders Day