The Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) recorded a mixed performance in the month of February 2022.
Whilst the stock market continued its slow performance though slightly better than in January 2022, the debt market rebound from its sluggish performance in the first month of the year.
The equity market recorded a return of -3.3% in February 2022, compared with -0.81% in January 2021
Despite the slow start, the number of transactions however almost doubled in February 2022, compared to the same period last year.
SIC insurance (87.50%), Enterprise Group (18.28%), Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited (17.78%) and Trust Bank Gambia (17.76%) recorded some impressive gains.
However, their net gains were not enough to offset the laggards on the market.
The poor performance of the cedi is also weighing on the performance of the stock market as its return in dollar term is not good enough.
For the bond market, it closed the month of February 2022, recording gains over the previous month.
Total volume of 19.33 billion, an increase of 15.89% was also recorded.
Equity market performance
|Feb 2022||Jan 2022|
|Volume||31.10 million||34.57 million|
|GSE Composite Index YTD||-2.54%||-0.81%|
|Market Capitalization||¢62.8 billion||¢64.49billion|
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea