Awutu Senya East MP Mavis Hawa Koomson over the weekend opened the annual Kasoa Cup Championship known as Kasoa MP’s Cup on Kasoa’s AstroTurf at Akwele in the Central Region.
The championship introduced by the Fisheries Minister two years ago has brought excitement among the youths in the Awutu Senya Municipality.
She was accompanied by the Municipal Chief Executive, Anita Obo Amissah; constituency executives and sports administrators in the area.
It is under the theme ‘Football made in Kasoa, a social cohesion.’
The two months championship had 32 teams participating to show their prowess as they battling each other for the ultimate prize.
In her opening remark, Madam Hawa Koomson expressed gratitude to the teams and spectators for turning up to cheer the teams on.
She disclosed that the championship has already started yielding positive results.
According to the MP, three players who did well in the maiden edition have secured places in some of the big clubs in the country.
She promised her continued support for the program to achieve its overall objective.
The opening match was between Opeikuma FC and Banat FC was won by Banat FC.
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- TaTU, Jowato.com signs MoU to practically train students in research
- NHIS Mion district office inaugurated
- EVIBES USA series: Fritz Oakley talks about life in US, music and concert
- WAEC should prevent exam malpractice instead of punishing culprits – Kofi Asare
- Livestream: Impact of 2023 budget on businesses
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Knowing your HIV status is the best way to prevent it – Ghana AIDS Commission
- Love not the prerequisite for successful marriage – Relationship Advisor
- Yaa-Naa declared NHIS Ambassador
- Edwin Kwasi Amenuvor (Rtd. Librarian)
- Commitment in relationships require time and effort – Experts
- Court of appeal upholds BOG’s appointment of Nii Amanor Dodoo as receiver for Unibank
- WAEC orders over 8,000 ‘indebted’ students to pick WASSCE results from their schools
- Release 52 citizens arrested for alleged roles in secessionist attacks in Volta Region
- Swiss government hopeful of future collaboration with FORIG to combat climate change