Dancehall musician Stonebwoy has pleaded with Ghanaians to rule him out for blame in the collapse of the defunct gold dealership and investment firm, MenzGold.
He says none of the MenzGold ambassadors can be blamed for the lives and money lost due to the collapse of the firm because they did not play any part in its administration.
In an interview with Joy Entertainment’s Doreen Avio, he said any attempt to attribute the deaths of people to him and other ambassadors will be misplaced, because he personally lost close relatives due to the incident.
“It hurts me so well that people blame the loss and death of their friends and relatives on me. A group even advocated that I should be stripped off. I laughed when I saw it, not because I was happy, but I wondered what they were all about.
“The understanding has to be clear. I sympathise with people who have lost money through that particular [MenzGold] scheme, but I don’t have a part to play. I know people who have lost money, I know people who have gained money and I have even lost relatives. So where do I stand to be like any feeling for what has happened?” he quizzed.
Stonebwoy’s comments were in response to some critics who have accused him of deceiving customers of MenzGold by advertising a new crypto-currency business on his twitter handle.
He told his fans that times are changing; hence, joining SidiCoinNFT will help every hardworking individual to make enough money to fend for themselves.
Hello.. 🙏♥️ pic.twitter.com/jkuSwQLNrG— 1GAD (@stonebwoy) April 27, 2022
That is where MenzGold customers took exception and called for his immediate arrest and prosecution.
Media personality, Bridget Otoo, also engaged in heated exchanges on social media with him over the same issue.
Bridget advised Stonebwoy against publicly endorsing investment deals and non-fungible token (NFT) SidiCoin.
“I only asked people to look into it and learn more about it so they won’t be left…sometimes, you come across something, read about it, get evidence about it and realise it has worked on the international market.
“I was like everybody who works hard deserves to earn. So, if I didn’t say it well as people claim, I am sorry,” Stonebwoy pleaded.
He reiterated that he is not an ambassador for SidiCoin and does not have any association with the product.
“My advocacy was for people to join a club for us to learn further information on how not to be left out of the new global order, not to encourage people to invest in a financial scheme of any sort.”
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Edem Agbana commends Adentan and Ring-Road Central Rotaract clubs for their donation to Tadzewu M/A Basic School
- Ashanti Region Super Zonals: OKESS and St. Louis triumph as T.I Ahmadiyya lose top spots
- Fitch Solutions maintains 2.9% growth rate forecast for Ghana 2023
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Review of flagship programmes: Let’s not touch Free SHS – Kwame Pianim
- Joseph Paintsil scores brace as Genk cruise past Club Brugge
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg
- World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023