A Fellow of the Centre for Democratic Development (CDD-Ghana) has asked former President John Dramani Mahama to ignore the advice from MP for Tamale Central to declare himself president-elect and form a parallel government.
Professor Stephen Kwaku Asare said Ghana as a country is governed by a constitution which provides a clear process for challenging election results.
Hence, Mr Mahama must act in accordance with the law and “ignore the the ill-advice of honorable Inusah Fuseini.”
The Tamale Central MP, Inusah Fuseini in an interview stated that the verdict of the Electoral Commission is not a true representation of the choice of Ghanaians on December 7.
In this regard, he urged the former President to declare himself President and form a parallel government.
However, the Professor does not agree with this assertion.
“There is no room for forming a parallel government in this country. We operate under a Constitution and it provides a clear process for disputing election results.
“By the same token, it does harm to the Republic when NDC party members refer to his excellency as President-elect,” he added.
He explained that “only the person certified as winner of the elections is President-elect and in this case, it is President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo.
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- Claims of fasting affecting health unfounded – Islamic Medical Association, Ghana
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Trader jailed for impregnating his physically challenged daughter
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
Man Utd through to Europa League final despite loss
Arsenal’s Europa League hopes ended by Villareal
#FixTheCountry: Government is doing itself a disservice if it keeps being mute – Dr Kobby Mensah
Restriction order against #FixTheCountry protest very strange – Samson Lardy Anyenini
Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s economy and the business environment
I couldn’t pursue higher education but developed my talent to be successful -Amankwa-Ampofo
Wives of Ghana Baptist Convention Pastors lament poor welfare of husbands
Arrive Alive: Alban Bagbin endorses road safety campaign
Akufo-Addo’s government has a track record for fixing problems, we will overcome Covid challenges – Bawumia
Students of Obuasi Sec Tech develop smart ballot box
Chieftaincy Ministry condemns ‘Pneumatica Night’; charges police to prosecute leaders over Covid-19 protocols
Cost of getting elected to positions is the root of corruption – Asiedu Nketia
#FixTheCountry: We’ll use the courts to set aside order against May 9 protest – Economic Fighters League
Ahafo Health Director grateful to stakeholders for Covid-19 control
Domestic fires continue to dominate in Upper East Region