Nottingham Forest forward, Callum Hudson-Odoi, says he is still contemplating as to whether to switch nationality from England to Ghana or not.
The former Chelsea man described playing for the Black Stars as a good option, but has not closed the door to England.
“That decision hasn’t been made yet. I’m still thinking it over. Ghana is a very good option but let’s wait and see,” the 22-year-old London-born told The Telegraph.
“Hopefully, once I start playing games here, maybe Gareth [Southgate] or Ghana will come. It’s a nice position to be in and hopefully, sooner or later we will know.”
Odoi, who was born in England to Ghanaian parents, has represented his country of birth at all levels, including three senior caps, but is still eligible to play for the Black Stars, per FIFA rules.
His visit to Ghana in 2021 sparked rumours of an imminent switch to play for the Black Stars but it didn’t happen up to this point.
Callum Hudson-Odoi has now left Chelsea and signed for Nottingham Forest on a permanent deal during the summer transfer window.
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga
- Inaki Williams scores and assists as Athletic Bilbao beat Alaves
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: BBC News journalist who was arrested by police speaks up