Audio By Carbonatix
Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has dismissed suggestions that he deliberately marred the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
While apologizing for the fracas that ensued between him and his arch-rival Stonebwoy at the awards, the dancehall act says he never planned to ruin the Awards.
“Management of Shatta Wale wishes to render a sincere apology to all patrons of the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA), viewers of the event around the world, organizers of the awards, Charterhouse Productions, title sponsors, Vodafone Ghana and all Shatta Movement fans worldwide for the unfortunate incident that happened during the recently held VGMA,” he said in a statement.
The statement added that “We further apologize for all the inconveniences caused on the night and afterwards.”
The ‘My Level’ hitmaker explained that in view of his commitment to the music industry and the Awards; he accepted a call from Charterhouse to join forces to make the 20th edition of the Awards a memorable one.
“We wish to state that Shatta Wale accepted a call from Charterhouse to join forces to make the 20th anniversary of the VGMA memorable and has over the period demonstrated his commitment to this course by performing at the VGMA Nominees Jam in Kumasi and VGMA Experience Concert at the Independence Square,” Shatta Wale explained.
According to him, to further push the awards, he “extensively campaigned for votes and promoted the anniversary celebration using his various social media platforms. It will be very illogical for him to deliberately act in a manner to ruin and mar the same event he has spent a lot of resources to promote and urged his fans to attend. Shatta Wale meant no harm and considers this incident as unfortunate.”
Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy were arrested by the police over a brawl that erupted between their camps at the Awards on the morning of Sunday.
Pandemonium broke out shortly after Stonebwoy was announced the winner of ‘Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year when Shatta Wale and his team were seen going towards the stage, their intentions unclear.
Shatta Wale later claimed that he was going on stage to congratulate Stonebwoy.
The two artistes were later released from cell pending an appearance in court.
Read Shatta Wale’s statement below:
CLARIFICATION – EVENTS AT 20TH VODAFONE GHANA MUSIC AWARDS
Management of Shatta Wale wishes to render a sincere apology to all patrons of the 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA), viewers of the event around the world, organizers of the awards, Charterhouse Productions, title sponsors, Vodafone Ghana and all Shatta Movement fans worldwide for the unfortunate incident that happened during the recently held VGMA. We further apologize for all the inconveniences caused on the night and afterwards.
As planned and communicated to the organizers on the morning of the event, Shatta Wale was going to sit amongst his fans in the standard ticket section of the auditorium. Due to circumstances beyond the control of the team, Shatta Wale arrived at the venue after the event had started and had been announced as winner of two categories (Reggae Dancehall Song of the year and Highlife Song of the year). This accounted for Shatta Wale’s inability to receive the awards he won himself.
After the announcement of the winner of the Reggae Dancehall Musician of the year category, Shatta Wale decided to reposition to the VIP section to meet his father and a dignitary who had asked to see him. A member of his entourage then suggested to him to join Stonebwoy on stage to congratulate him on his win in the spirit of unity, as he had done at the 2015 4Syte Music Video awards. He agreed and asked his security team to lead him onto the stage only to be met with confrontation instigated by Blakk Cedi, Manager of Stonebwoy.
We wish to state that Shatta Wale accepted a call from Charterhouse to join forces to make the 20th anniversary of the VGMA memorable and has over the period demonstrated his commitment to this course by performing at the VGMA Nominees Jam in Kumasi and VGMA Experience Concert at the Independence Square. Shatta Wale extensively campaigned for votes and promoted the anniversary celebration using his various social media platforms. It will be very illogical for him to deliberately act in a manner to ruin and mar the same event he has spent a lot of resources to promote and urged his fans to attend. Shatta Wale meant no harm and considers this incident as unfortunate.
SIGNED
MANAGEMENT
SHATTA MOVEMENT MUSIC PRODUCTION
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Red Cross volunteers die from suspected Ebola in DR Congo
26 minutes -
US Secret Service investigates reports of shots near White House
31 minutes -
ECG injects GH¢3m into power upgrades across 40 Accra communities
40 minutes -
‘Owadiah’ makes history: William Opare becomes first Ghanaian to break 45 seconds in 400m
46 minutes -
Scottish woman ‘was on a mission’ to find out who her Ghanaian husband was. Then she died
47 minutes -
Four Ada SHS students arrested after viral cutlass threat video sparks alarm
47 minutes -
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
2 hours -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
2 hours -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
2 hours -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
2 hours -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
3 hours -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
3 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
3 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
4 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
4 hours