The secret of success in the music space weighs heavily on management, who must now achieve promotional goals to keep the dream of every artist alive.
Betty Attamah, a Ghanaian-born American-based gospel artist understands this better and reveals how that has been a big challenge for most diaspora artists.
According to her, it is really a challenge for most musicians in the diaspora to excel in the music space without management.
“There are not enough music managers to support musicians in the diaspora. We need managers for artistes based in America. We normally want our songs to be promoted back home, but getting the right and competent person to work with is very difficult. Your home ground should always be a starting point, if you’re accepted, the world accepts you easily” he told Nana Reagan in an interview.
She added that “when you released songs you need managers to guide you in your promotional strategies so you don’t just do things desperately and be left in the middle of nowhere. Your budgets for projects need to be properly managed to bring you value and achieve your goals”.
Betty who is currently promoting her second single “Born To Reign” after “My Blessing Is Now” is hoping to release an album soon.
She also prays that all musicians in the diaspora find the right competent team to work with whiles they are away.
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- EOCO declares 2 persons wanted for various crimes
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- Canada implements visa-free travel for more countries excluding Ghana
- NDC’s Kwesi Amankwaa was not a registered voter in Kumawu – EC reveals in rebuttal
- Controversy comes with the job – World Bank Country rep replies NDC
- Nogokpo vs Agyinasare: National Peace Council calls for calm
- Be consistent on social media – Digital marketer tells business owners
- I’ve mapped out my strategy for the GFA presidential election – Kojo Yankah
- NSMQ 2023: Sekondi College dribbles Asankragwa SHS, Mpohor SHS to secure National slot
- Kwame Dadzie : Save Ghana Actors Guild from dying
- We are determined to defend the Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- NSMQ 2023: Adiembra SHS triumphs in intense contest, Nkroful Agric SHS miss the mark
- NSMQ 2023: Archbishop Porter Girls’ SHS strangle Ahantaman SHS in tight contest
- New report reveals over 90% of households without toilet facilities resort to open defecation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’: Blind 17-year-old singer earns Simon Cowell’s golden buzzer
- Net enrolment in basic school declines – ISSER report
- Real Madrid agree €100m deal to sign Jude Bellingham from Dortmund
- Car snatcher jailed 20 years
- Attorney General hints at bill to reform justice delivery system